Old Rotherham Tape

Barry

Know exactly what you mean................Listening to misterfish podcasts Mecca/Cleethorpes etc

Great times,variable music .................the crack was fantastic and most of all............... the people good times, good fun, good gear what else would you need ?

The Soul Scene-i salute you :hatsoff2: (not a record title! anorak!)

Steve

Ps we had cards at Yate as well :D and bandits(machines not arse)

Top drawer lad :thumbsup:

Social source share

82/83 maybe Chalky - yep, Brogan - haha

The amount of times I'd get picked up here by Brian (Rae) and Martin and head off to a random nighter (could have been Morecambe, Leicester Oddf...anywhere...) and the usual script would be to stop at the last services before the turn off for the nighter and then plead with Brian and Mart to get off the bandits....(EE..Ar Love 'ave you got any 10p's? : Martin with his massive center parting :0).....so many times I have arrived at a nighter at 6.45am (whipping boy's didn't have a say), Bri did the last hour and we were back in the services, watching them two shovel two bob bits into one arm bandits an hour later.....f*ck me haha...you pricked a memory ther Chalky...sorry if I rattled.

Anyone remember Danny, had a flat on the Caledonian Road? Bri dropped me off there one night on the way to the 100's Club (weird flat, mattress, tailors dummy, no carpet)....at about midnight (used to be Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen til' 2am if I remember at the time).....and feckin' left me there all night...picked me up at 9.30am the next day haha - it was shit being the youngest.

That day we stopped at every market town on the way home, while Bri knocked the new Charly Robert Cray album out to fund ' a safe drive home' ;0)

Wouldn't change a moment.

Social source share

The amount of times I'd get picked up here by Brian (Rae) and Martin and head off to a random nighter (could have been Morecambe, Leicester Oddf...anywhere...) and the usual script would be to stop at the last services before the turn off for the nighter and then plead with Brian and Mart to get off the bandits....(EE..Ar Love 'ave you got any 10p's? : Martin with his massive center parting :0).....so many times I have arrived at a nighter at 6.45am (whipping boy's didn't have a say), Bri did the last hour and we were back in the services, watching them two shovel two bob bits into one arm bandits an hour later.....f*ck me haha...you pricked a memory ther Chalky...sorry if I rattled.

Anyone remember Danny, had a flat on the Caledonian Road? Bri dropped me off there one night on the way to the 100's Club (weird flat, mattress, tailors dummy, no carpet)....at about midnight (used to be Kenny Ball and his Jazzmen til' 2am if I remember at the time).....and feckin' left me there all night...picked me up at 9.30am the next day haha - it was shit being the youngest.

That day we stopped at every market town on the way home, while Bri knocked the new Charly Robert Cray album out to fund ' a safe drive home' ;0)

Wouldn't change a moment.

Big hello Barry! Hope things good with you.... That would have been Danny Everard's flat on the Cally Road, North London I reckon...dropped by there myself a couple of times when I moved darn sarf in '87...A bit like you...I Can't get over these memories....Have a good one fella.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Big hello Barry! Hope things good with you.... That would have been Danny Everard's flat on the Cally Road, North London I reckon...dropped by there myself a couple of times when I moved darn sarf in '87...A bit like you...I Can't get over these memories....Have a good one fella.

Well by the buggery....HEY HEY Robin x... :D ....hope all's well with you me owd beauty (we overdue a catch up) - last time we met were both sat over a watery lasagne in The Sands at Southport, a tad under the Weekender weather, if my memory serves me correctly.

It WAS Danny Everard mate - the toilet in their flats were the scariest bogs ever....in the basement, no lights and broken glass on the floor - window overlooked a nightmare vista.

How the F did you get that out of my description? Tailor's dummy....musta been....this was the time of Ion's warm ups at The Old Ball (??? maybe)

Keep in touch Warrior, great to hear from you Souldier. x

ps

Danny still about?

Social source share

Well by the buggery....HEY HEY Robin x... :D ....hope all's well with you me owd beauty (we overdue a catch up) - last time we met were both sat over a watery lasagne in The Sands at Southport, a tad under the Weekender weather, if my memory serves me correctly.

It WAS Danny Everard mate - the toilet in their flats were the scariest bogs ever....in the basement, no lights and broken glass on the floor - window overlooked a nightmare vista.

How the F did you get that out of my description? Tailor's dummy....musta been....this was the time of Ion's warm ups at The Old Ball (??? maybe)

Keep in touch Warrior, great to hear from you Souldier. x

ps

Danny still about?

I was gonna say Everards Robin beat me to it.. Oi Salter where you been hiding lately.

Social source share

Hi Tony, still hiding in the NE, played an oldies set at David Hulme's 50th couple of weeks ago - which was cool - and made that two nights out this year - double my recent average! Hope you are ready for the Prem...got a good feeling about the Foxes this year...Have a good one.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!