Darrell Banks Open The Door To Your Heart

ashleysoul

• Replies 24
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

£15 - 20 quid for a pink, Grey are supposed to be less about, for a minter that is... Yellow Uk Demo on London silly money, £300 plus I reckon, Stateside still silly, 250 something like that, Blk UK Issues there are loads about, I paid Pete Smith 30 for a spanker with a original sleeve couple months ago.

mal

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

grey revilot is the 1st issue in the usa.. pink is a continuation seeing as it made no 27 on the pop charts it sold a lot of copies.. issued twice on stateside in 1966 and then again in 69.. i think the stateside red and white demo turns up less than the london demo personally...the 1969 stateside reissue demo is green

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

the usa grey issue is about the best..or if your into uk stuff the stateside issue with the tall lettering lookin like the motown early 500 series........they are the first issues...of course there`s exotic releases like canadian , south african etc. obviously demo`s revilot in the usa and the london and two stateside demo are more desirable

Social source share

mmm, how many of them styrene ones have I cracked¿ (two so far, good job pink uns are cheap), always seems particularly brittle IMO, must be nice to have it on vinyl.

Reason i got it on uk stateside, just missed out on a green nz copy on the bay, that would have been nice, that said aussie and nz records are pretty badly recorded in the main, except for W&G discs out of Melbourne, festival stuff is allot lesser recordings than counterparts in other countries.

Uk stuff is a tough as old bots and the sound quality is next to none, but then you all know that..

m

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

Guest JIM BARRY

at one time the yellow london demo was the holy grail of uk collecting, i remember the 1st one i ever saw was circa 77..dave withers paid £60 for it on auction at tony just's record stall, underground market manchester, i used to play mine in sets, sold it for £300 about 8 years ago.

Social source share

not off topic, but would the OVO police state the USA release should be played out as it was first? (just curious please don't kill me)

That aside, i would love to own a yellow london copy, (just cos it looks so good!) but alas it outside my budget.

I bought a Pink copy from Record Corner in 1974 but always thought it was a boot, sold it eons ago bought the Stateside release instead.

I know it is a really well played oldie, but don't care I still think it is the best double sider ever.

Social source share

Dont forget the mistitled one on Stateside Open the door OF your heart as well. Guess that is fairly scarce as it was withdrawn and replaced with the correct title.

Not quite withdrawn and replaced Steve, the red and white demos are all entitled OF your heart, all subsequent Statesides have the correct title.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!