Help Wanted - Sean Oliver Track

Guest The Valley Walker

Guest The Valley Walker

Good Evening,

Anyone know the above mentioned record by Sean Oliver? If so I am trying to find out what the back beat that is used in this record...its something I know very well (I think) but I have a complete blank on it?

Can anyone help?

cheers

TVW

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Good Evening,

Anyone know the above mentioned record by Sean Oliver? If so I am trying to find out what the back beat that is used in this record...its something I know very well (I think) but I have a complete blank on it?

Can anyone help?

cheers

TVW

Cracking choon it was played in the modern rooms a good few years back now.

I`m a bit :yes: by your question "back beat"....... ive got the Canadian 12" of this so i will check it out but as far as i know it did`t sample from anything/one else, if Girth Devon come`s on he may know more.......... i`ll dig out the 12 & get back to you :D .

Garv.

Social source share

Good Evening,

Can anyone help?

cheers

TVW

I have just dug out the cd and it only credits Sean Oliver as writer, no sample credited. Don't recognise it as a sample but it is very similar style used in early 90's records, Driza Bone, Sue Challoner etc., seems to be a very popular style around some Modern rooms!!

Cheers

Jock

Social source share

Played as a new release darn souf at Abshot, Newbury nighters etc, other good track on the 12 if memory serves me right too...............will come around again one day as its a cracker, just been thrashed a few years back & needs a little rest, no sample as far as I am aware tho.

Russ

hi russ

the other great track on the 12 inch is called magic

first heard keith woon play this..i thought wow and got my copy a month later

regards moldie

Social source share

Good Evening,

Can anyone help?

cheers

TVW

I've never noticed a sample in this - maybe just a similarity. I'd have to fish it out and spin it.

Cheers Girf

Social source share

Guest The Valley Walker

As Roger would say, very Drizaclone

Cheers all,

Ye, must be thinking about Drizabone...just had this thought it was an "earlier" sample of summat. Nope, playing it again it deffo drizabone thingy and nowt else.

Great toon though.

Social source share

hi russ

the other great track on the 12 inch is called magic

first heard keith woon play this..i thought wow and got my copy a month later

regards moldie

2 great track's i have them on UK Boomtang 4tracker these along with Lenny Williams and Richard Rogers

were played at Albrighton which really was a 60's and Crossover venue but in the same spot you could hear Imperial C's, Magnetics, Tearra, Sean Oliver plus the others.

a sadly missed venue come on Tait

Ted

Social source share

2 great track's i have them on UK Boomtang 4tracker these along with Lenny Williams and Richard Rogers

were played at Albrighton which really was a 60's and Crossover venue but in the same spot you could hear Imperial C's, Magnetics, Tearra, Sean Oliver plus the others.

Ted

Man after my own heart Ted, sadly missed venue.

Russ

Social source share

They've had another venue for four years, it's now in it's fifth. :ohmy:

And a great venue it is too, frequented by a lot of the south Coasters.............the few occasions I visited I have had a great time, but Albrighton was a bit special, for mostly the reasons that Ted has already mentioned, open minds, full dance floor...............happy days !.

Russ

Ted

Social source share

They've had another venue for four years, it's now in it's fifth. :ohmy:

Yes i know and a good one to but its mainly for mid1990's plus so i understand

When i last saw Tait at the Bretby reunion he was suggesting getting an Albrighton reunion together at the original venue hope he does. :ohmy:

Ted

Social source share

Yes i know and a good one to but its mainly for mid1990's plus so i understand

When i last saw Tait at the Bretby reunion he was suggesting getting an Albrighton reunion together at the original venue hope he does. :ohmy:

Ted

Hello Ted

(Hope your leg is better mate )

He's always suggesting an Albrighton reunion but like most blokes he's better at the talking than the actual doing :lol: ..I'll see if I can have a word for you!!

Russ thanks for the nice words..Soul Underground is a bit of a special place too , yes musically its very up front but there's always a brilliant vibe in there as you would expect when the clientele is very open minded and receptive to good soul music whatever the genre/era! :ohmy:

Lin

www.soul-underground.co.uk

Social source share

Hello Ted

(Hope your leg is better mate )

He's always suggesting an Albrighton reunion but like most blokes he's better at the talking than the actual doing :rolleyes: ..I'll see if I can have a word for you!!

Russ thanks for the nice words..Soul Underground is a bit of a special place too , yes musically its very up front but there's always a brilliant vibe in there as you would expect when the clientele is very open minded and receptive to good soul music whatever the genre

Lin

www.soul-underground.co.uk

Hi Lin

hope you are well leg is getting better limping along

best Ted

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!