Darrow Fletcher What Have I Got Now

Olliewtf

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
Guest Seagrave

I've got a nice mint one which I could sell for £30.

I could also sell my Mel Britt for £200, Dena Barnes for £100, and James Fountain for £9.99. But guess what? ... I'm not going to!!

Why should people sell you their in-demand records for less than half price? Just so you can make a nice profit, or build up a collection for bugger all cost or effort?

Maybe give the Royal Mint a call instead, I think they've got ten pound notes for sale at a fiver each today.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it is a good price i agree but recently it went for 50 and it was ex. Im just looking for the best deal which i think is fair enough. im only 20 and study and work part timee so not exactly rolling in it. im not trying to make big profit, im buying these records because i enjoy listening to them and wish to own them. ive had good offers of people on this site before after being a little bit patient and waiting for a few offers. I dont really see how thats anyone elses concern or how that is somehow a ridiculous thing to ask.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

it is a good price i agree but recently it went for 50 and it was ex. Im just looking for the best deal which i think is fair enough. im only 20 and study and work part timee so not exactly rolling in it. im not trying to make big profit, im buying these records because i enjoy listening to them and wish to own them. ive had good offers of people on this site before after being a little bit patient and waiting for a few offers. I dont really see how thats anyone elses concern or how that is somehow a ridiculous thing to ask.

Good on yer.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

We all wanna do this but we also have to be realists. If you want something Now you have to pay a more premium price - Just because you saw one o for? doesnt mean every copy is going ro be that.

In the space of a week 2 copies of Someones Gonna Cry by patti Austin went for quite different prices but ususally the higher the price tends to be the norm.

Social source share

It's okay trying to pick records up at a nice cheap price but then you've got a re-issue of Luther Ingram in the TRADES section that you're trying to hype up in price - it's a £20 record at most yet you seem to think it's worth more than a copy of the Impalas - Speed Up that you're looking for

You can't have it both ways

• Helpful 1
Social source share

didnt actually realise the price of the impalas and was willing to pay money toward.. all fair points, and im not expecting the same deal, i was just hoping. im in no rush to buy, just wanted to see what people could offer me is all. i completely understand everyones points, all im saying is ive found good deals before and people on here have been more than friendly. jjust because someone offers me something doesnt mean i have to buy it, and im not going to feel pressured to buy. im sort of in shock this has become such a big debate, all i was after was a copy of the record i like at the best price, at no point have i been rude or unfair, but to have people reply to a simple want generally being rude and saying that im stupid and in some way trying to rip someone off (mhm seagrave) in my mind is bang out of order. im all up for healthy debate but not what ive experienced here. this whole page is a joke now, and tbh i wish id never posted. i wasnt after an argument, or to feel belittled and stupid. so i have been on the scene since fuckin 71, but its something i have a growing passion for and something im enjoying. so please, dont take that away from me with small mindedness. im not interested. anyway, thanks for all your replies, some out there actually have worthwhile information which i hold dear delivered in a polite and fair way, so to those, cheers.

Social source share

on top of all this melodrama i think i may have just reached a major, major slap to the head moment. are we ready for this... sure? i think i was actually after what good am i.... :P i feel really stupid now. go on then , let me have it!!! jesus christ wasnt worth all the stresss!!! god i feel like a numpty!! so to reiterate, ive been a fuckin idiot, im actually after what good am i without you! jeez. come on then let me have it.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

on top of all this melodrama i think i may have just reached a major, major slap to the head moment. are we ready for this... sure? i think i was actually after what good am i.... :P i feel really stupid now. go on then , let me have it!!! jesus christ wasnt worth all the stresss!!! god i feel like a numpty!! so to reiterate, ive been a fuckin idiot, im actually after what good am i without you! jeez. come on then let me have it.

For £50 :ohmy: :ohmy: you`d be paying far too much :lol: :lol: Only joking mate, good luck with your search, might be best to edit your original post with the new title, or start a new thread :thumbsup:

Social source share