Your fave 60's POP record

Dayo

Guest LeoLyxxx

Okokok i have no life besides hammering on computers but here goes a few more:

Glen Campbell "guess i'm dumb" (spot the Beach Boys link again ;-) )

Richard Harris "if you must leave my life"

Scott Walker ....plenty of tracks on lp 1-4...

Shangri Las "walking in the sand"

If Sebastian (Fonzeus) posted his fave 60s pop here i don't think the server could take it.. just ain't enough room!!! Or is it Seb? ;-)

best

Leo

Social source share

• Replies 61
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I wonder if the Beach Boys, know they are so revered in Northern Soul circles?

I saw Brian Wilson at a benefit do for one of the Zombies in House/Home? Of The Blues in LA this Jan and at one stage I was dancing Northern to I think 'Help Me Rhonda'. I know it worked perfectly (in my head) and I was considering it for the Xmas party. Mind, I was also grooving to We Built This City On Rock & Roll by Jefferson Starship; the second guiltiest pleasure known to man.

Social source share

Bobby Darin - 18 Yellow Roses

Frankie Laine - Don't Make My Baby Blue (Goffin & King)

Gene McDaniels - Anyone Else - Pure Cheese & Great!

Spanky & Our Gang - Sunday Will Never Be The Same

Robert John - If You Don't Want My Love

Delaney Bramlett - Liverpool Lou

Connie Francis - No Better Off - Bert Keyes!!

Chris Montez - Call Me

Adam Wade - Rain From The Skies

Bruce Channel - Hey Baby!

++++The Killer - Jerry Lee Lewis - Another Place Another Time - Must be played after a skinfull

Slim

Social source share

Some killer suggestions on here. Got me thinking about a pop CDR compliation for the car. Or, is there enough mileage in this for a CD swap? It's just great to know so many people share the same taste. Even the Paper Dolls makes me smile! Thoughts anyone?

Colin

Slimharpo - I'd forgotten that Robert John track; lovely song.

Social source share

About 15 years ago when I was in the Navy, i used to try to be the first in the mess to put on a tape to inflict my taste of music on everyone else. Usually to shouts of "not more soul crap" or words to that effect. Eventually I made a tape of "Northern" tracks by Paul Anka, Helen Shapiro, Shane Martin, Dean Parish, Bobby Paris etc. There was still no pleasing some people, they still maoned.

Talking of the Beachboys I think the intro to "Darlin'" is awsome, but the song doesn't live up to it.

Social source share

Some killer suggestions on here.  Got me thinking about a pop CDR compliation for the car.  Or, is there enough mileage in this for a CD swap?  It's just great to know so many people share the same taste.  Even the Paper Dolls makes me smile!  Thoughts anyone?

Colin

Slimharpo - I'd forgotten that Robert John track; lovely song.

Sounds a good idea Colin. Be a change to do something different. Such a wide range of music to choose from. As long as we don't extract the urine from each other's choices. I'm sure my taste may be regarded as idiosyncratic. Is anyone interested in a 60s pop CD swap? And I use pop in its widest sense but excluding anything that could be regarded as soul or rhythm and blues or akin to it. No pop stompers!!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!