Info Needed

Heard a great 70's track a couple of years back called I've always Been In Love with You by Daddy Maxfield....

I've never seen or heard of anything by the bauld Mr Maxfield.......is it a c/up, is it on 7"? How much? Does it get played?

Anybody know anything about it??

John

Social source share

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I don't know the song you refer to but "Daddy Maxfield" is the name sometimes used by song-writing duo "Louie Maxfield" and "Graham Daddy". That said though, they are a bit... err .... ROCK.. so probably not one and the same.

Social source share

is there anything about music you don't know Kolla? Me, I'd have to spend hours on the night trying to find out half the stuff you throw off the cuff. Impressive!

Social source share

Laughing paul ... cause i don't actually know anything very useful like "How to make a no.1 record" ...

I only know the Daddy /Maxfield thing because some of their stuff was sampled years ago by Larry Levan , Todd Terry etc... i was fairly fascinated by the New York house scene for a brief blip in the mid-80s. Aaah did i say that out loud.

Social source share

see, there you go again, dropping Larry Levan into the conversation, I know who he is only because I read that fascinating book "Last night a DJ saved my life" but can't say I recognise Todd Terry.

Would have guessed you had a passing interest in house though from a comment you made on the House in modern rooms thread.

We'll have to have a natter on Saturday over a couple of Stellas.

Social source share

... cause i don't actually know anything very useful like "How to make a no.1 record" ...

hey kolla

isnt there a KLF book on that very subject? perhaps if you read it you'd know all their secrets

KLF UH HUH UH HUH

i just remembered something funny - utah saints! hahahaha

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Heard a great 70's track a couple of years back called I've always Been In Love with You by Daddy Maxfield....

I've never seen or heard of anything by the bauld Mr Maxfield.......is it a c/up, is it on 7"? How much? Does it get played?

John

No it's not a cover up Mark Baildon and a couple of the other guy's from the Greatstone in Manchester have been championing this one for a while now i'm sure the last one i heard of being sold did so for around £150 not sure of the label off the top of my head though sorry

JoT

Social source share

Nice one Johnny, just had Honest John on the phone to me complaining that me and Kolla took the thread off on a tangent and he's no closer to knowing about the record.

Social source share

KLF Wendy was (one third) Chris King, northern DJ. Don't know who the other blokes were though.

Not even good pop.

not good pop?! but they were no. 1 & on Top of The Pops - the barometer of all things pop (before CD:UK came along that is)

of course i would have you believe that there is no such thing as bad pop music......

Social source share

I don't think Chris King was involved with the KLF. Aren't you thinking of KWS (who scored a number one hit with their cover of Please Don't Go)?

Neil Rushton was invokved with CK on this.

The KLF were AWESOME: Bill Drummond, ex of Teardrop Explodes, formed KLF...3am Eternal, Justified Ancients of Mu-Mu...burning a million pounds... art terrorists...great days

Social source share

John

John its from 1976 on United Artists XW -827

b-side "you're breaking my heart" no idea of value sorry

Danny

Social source share

I stand corrected on the KLF thing Dan, when you said KWS I remembered.

Anyway Wendy, No 1 in the pop charts is no indication of a good tune - Aneka "Japanese Boy", The Tweets, Agadoo, the list is endless.

Social source share

No it's not a cover up Mark Baildon and a couple of the other guy's from the Greatstone in Manchester have been championing this one for a while now i'm sure the last one i heard of being sold did so for around £150 not sure of the label off the top of my head though sorry

JoT

Hope Your right.....just tracked one down for $12.

Turns out it's Daddy Masfield..........or at least that's what I found it listed as.

I'm sure it was at the Greatstone I heard it alrite!!!!!!!

Expect it to get some action in Dublin over the next few months

Thanks

John

Social source share

• 2 months later...

John its from 1976 on United Artists XW -827

b-side "you're breaking my heart" no idea of value sorry

Danny

link

Hello Stomper45,

Lou Maxfield here of fab Daddy-Maxfield fame. I just wanted to tell you and all the great people at Soul-Source how much I appreciate your interest.

"I've Always Been In Love With You" was part of a deal we had with United Artists. The rights have reverted back to Graham Daddy (real name) and myself, so we'll probably release the track as a 12" or a CD single. Thanks again for the support.

Cheers,

Lou Natkin (a/k/a Lou Maxfield)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!