Glen Miller Ebay Uk

dthedrug

You're having a laugh. You honestly think someone would pay £600 for that?

Pete ..can't believe you of all people would be at all surprised ?

I think your posts in Mr Manships auction results affirm the fact ...Rare soul collecting " it's a funny old game "

I've just recently found out someone paid £4k for a record that drew gasps when it recently sold for half the amount !

Shhhhh :)

Social source share

Pete ..can't believe you of all people would be at all surprised ?

Probably because I've had 3 copies or is it 4 meaning it's not rare, there's so many far rarer records on Doctor Bird, it's worth maybe £300 absolute tops, and like Roger says, it's not a great record anyway. It's alright.

Social source share

Probably because I've had 3 copies or is it 4 meaning it's not rare, there's so many far rarer records on Doctor Bird, it's worth maybe £300 absolute tops, and like Roger says, it's not a great record anyway. It's alright.

Next time you get a copy of this "alright" record Pete,can you give us first shout pls :wicked::thumbsup: .

Have to admit the ebay price is taking the p**s.

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Am I having laugh, you will be calling me a *Pikey next? when it comes down to Rare UK releases that have been discovered since 1980 that have a value over £300 because of there rarity & quality, not because of demand most people would struggle at naming 10 there are 2 quality sides on this 45, as for putting a price on it, I think the price I sold Pete 1 of 4 copies reflects, my comments, also the dealer grades are strict, I am sure if I had a look at it, it would be in ex condition, it's also OK if you don't think its value for money or not your personal taste, by me! as for the £30 STAG copy that must be the copy I got from Andrew (Tradition Records) not was the 1st issue not the later repress, sold it for a few hundred, not bad. I even gave MICK £100, because he is a mate? :g:

To conclude, if you do like this record, forget what Pete is saying as I can only think of 2 rarer DOCTOR BIRD RECORDS not many?

it's also a good job that I was not bedding the record up, so I could then sell a copy, that would make me upset, the actual record is worth it, although I would not pay more than £100 for a copy, but them days are well gone, that's why I kept my copy! as I collect Rare RECORDS, and don't collect stamps, in other words "cough if you want to get off" :rofl: may the spirit of 69 be with you ..DAVE

*(I am a Romany)

Edited by dthedrug
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

:hatsoff2: HI ALL Am I having laugh, you will be calling me a *Pikey next? when it comes down to Rare UK releases that have been discovered since 1980 that have a value over £300 because of there rarity & quality, not because of demand most people would struggle at naming 10 there are 2 quality sides on this 45, as for putting a price on it, I think the price I sold Pete 1 of 4 copies reflects, my comments, also the dealer grades are strict, I am sure if I had a look at it, it would be in ex condition, it's also OK if you don't think its value for money or not your personal taste, by me! as for the £30 STAG copy that must be the copy I got from Andrew (Tradition Records) not was the 1st issue not the later repress, sold it for a few hundred, not bad. I even gave MICK £100, because he is a mate? :g:

To conclude, if you do like this record, forget what Pete is saying as I can only think of 2 rarer DOCTOR BIRD RECORDS not many?

it's also a good job that I was not bedding the record up, so I could then sell a copy, that would make me upset, the actual record is worth it, although I would not pay more than £100 for a copy, but them days are well gone, that's why I kept my copy! as I collect Rare RECORDS, and don't collect stamps, in other words "cough if you want to get off" :rofl: may the spirit of 69 be with you ..DAVE

*(I am a Romany)

Just because you can only think of two that doesn't men there aren't more, Dave.

I can think of at least a dozen right now and that's without a Doctor Bird discography in front of me. GM's 'Rock Steady Party' being just one of 'em...

'Where Is the Love' has turned up far too often down the years to be considered a truly rare record.

The fact that it's also not a particularly good one is irrelevant, but I thought I'd mention it anyway! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Social source share

Just because you can only think of two that doesn't men there aren't more, Dave.

I can think of at least a dozen right now and that's without a Doctor Bird discography in front of me. GM's 'Rock Steady Party' being just one of 'em...

'Where Is the Love' has turned up far too often down the years to be considered a truly rare record.

The fact that it's also not a particularly good one is irrelevant, but I thought I'd mention it anyway! :lol: :lol: :thumbup:

Perhaps giving you Rock Steady Party as a present was not my best ever move :lol:

Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

Perhaps giving you Rock Steady Party as a present was not my best ever move :lol:

It was a very generous gesture on your part, mate, and I don't intend to ever re-sell it....

Anyway I've decided that I'm not going to list any of the rarer-than-WITL Doctor Bird 45s on here as it's just occurred to me that I don't have all of them myself! :rofl::D:lol:

Social source share

It was a very generous gesture on your part, mate, and I don't intend to ever re-sell it....

Anyway I've decided that I'm not going to list any of the rarer-than-WITL Doctor Bird 45s on here as it's just occurred to me that I don't have all of them myself! :rofl::D:lol:

I always thought Jack Sparrow - Ice water / Soul Bros - Ska Culation was a rare one, but having got it (paid £30 off a US site!), I now realise it's More Ice Water and Miss Ska Culation that I was after :lol:

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL As I say lads, when I first started to buy JAMAICAN music, ERIC BARNET "THE HORSE" GAS100 Being the first one to last one RUPI EDWARDS of that era 68 - 71, I value every one, properly for the vast majority more than my soul collection, WINSTON GROOVY "GROOVIN" NU-BEAT, DERICK MORGAN "RETURN OF JACK SLADE" UNITY, LAURAL AIKEN "JESSIE JAMES" NU-BEAT, ROLAND ALPHONSO " ZAPATOO THE TIGER JACKPOT, BIG JOHN & LITTLE JOHN (DESMOND RILEY) "SKINHEAD A MESSAGE TO YOU" DOWNTOWN, HIPPY BOYS "Dr NO GO" HIGH NOTE JOE WHITE "THERES A TIME" BIG, LLYOD WILLIAMS "I'M IN LOVE WITH YOU" BAMBOO, and so many more I got at the time of release, what I am saying there are loads of collectors to-day who have more knowledge than myself but lack the full experience that I associate with back in 68 integrating with the JAMAICANS,

As for the DOCTOR BIRD LABEL back then I had 4 PHOENIX CITY & WHIP were the best sellers amongst the Suits & Boot Boys, as the Pyramid & JJ took over, as for loads of GLEN MILLERS? YES back in the late 7t's when you could find shed loads, you prove to me that you find me a copy in excellent condition under £200 over the next 24 hours, and I will concede to you,

Until then I will leave you with this quote "I don't give a f**k never have never will because I'm the DADDY :D more than skin deep

:rofl: DAVE the BLADE

Social source share

*(I am a Romany)

Ha! Yes, so it was you who got that Stag copy of Andrew Neal, I got the list very early one morning (when posties used to come at 7.30am) but never really got round to looking at it until a bit later. Suffice to say it was gone....well done Dave!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest TONY ROUNCE

I always thought Jack Sparrow - Ice water / Soul Bros - Ska Culation was a rare one, but having got it (paid £30 off a US site!), I now realise it's More Ice Water and Miss Ska Culation that I was after :lol:

'Miss-Skaculation' is just one that's considerably harder to find - in any condition - than 'Where Is The Love', for a start.

'Hypocrite' by the Wailers is another, as is 'Ethiopian Kingdom' by Ronald Downer, 'Falling In Love' by the Virtues', 'Last Laugh' by Monty Morris, 'Secretly' by the Uniques and a great number of very late numbers by Laurel Aitken-affiliated artists that sold doodley when they came out

They are just not things that most people on here would want to pay the same kind of daft money for...

They might have been around in in relative abundance in the early 70s, just like 'Where Is the Love' once was (after I picked up one and outed it immediately as a second rate soul pastiche,I must have seen at least one or two a week when I was junkshopping for reggae all over the country) but the early 70s were a long time ago for most of us and, like copies of all but the most common Doctor Bird 45s, they ain't coming back any time soon....

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

'Miss-Skaculation' is just one that's considerably harder to find - in any condition - than 'Where Is The Love', for a start.

'Hypocrite' by the Wailers is another, as is 'Ethiopian Kingdom' by Ronald Downer, 'Falling In Love' by the Virtues', 'Last Laugh' by Monty Morris, 'Secretly' by the Uniques and a great number of very late numbers by Laurel Aitken-affiliated artists that sold doodley when they came out

They are just not things that most people on here would want to pay the same kind of daft money for...

They might have been around in in relative abundance in the early 70s, just like 'Where Is the Love' once was (after I picked up one and outed it immediately as a second rate soul pastiche,I must have seen at least one or two a week when I was junkshopping for reggae all over the country) but the early 70s were a long time ago for most of us and, like copies of all but the most common Doctor Bird 45s, they ain't coming back any time soon....

I had Hypocrites and Last Laugh in my previous collection, actually Last laugh came out of Oldies Unlimited in Wolverhampton, as did that Happy Organ Studio One 45 I sold you Tone, I don't think they have had anything since!

Social source share

RE: Last laugh came out of Oldies Unlimited in Wolverhampton, as did that Happy Organ Studio One 45 I sold you Tone, I don't think they have had anything since!

Didn't Oldies Unlimited (Telford) disappear many moons ago ??

I used to buy soul 45's from them (they always had some good 70's 45's on Italian pressed versions with piccy sleeves real cheap).

Never bought any reggae bits off them as I'd long given up on collecting ska / reggae by the 80's.

Did go down to Telford once & get 'locked in' at the old Chapel they had. Spent the day searching thru all the 'abandoned' boxes of 45's that had been stashed in there & found quite a few goodies. Picked up loads of US TK label 45's that were in boxes of 20 (25?). Only bought one copy of each that I didn't already know (the more obscure stuff as things stood in the mid 80's). With many of those 45's that proved to be the right decision (Mary Love, etc). With others, I always regretted not going back to pick up the rest of the full box.

Social source share

Ha! Yes, so it was you who got that Stag copy of Andrew Neal, I got the list very early one morning (when posties used to come at 7.30am) but never really got round to looking at it until a bit later. Suffice to say it was gone....well done Dave!

:hatsoff2: HI Sometimes the saying "it's a small world" is very apt!, you will no who I sold it to and my son Taffy from Letchworth, in fact it was myself who introduced rare soul to all the well known faces, every Monday I did a soul disco at the LEYS YC,

Talking about Andrew as I mentioned before, it was he, that I got the BLACK & RED SUE RECORDS OF? he is a good man,

and putting the DOCTOR BIRD LABEL to rest their is a fantastic uptempo northern dancer on the label still to be discovered? and as for rare DOCTOR BIRD it's LP gas it is with COXONE / STUDIO 1 ISLAND, no one could afford them, 52/6 a Levi jacket was £3-17/6 in 1067 I only got £3-15s and had to give the old dear 30 Bob 1gal of 25-1 was 1s 10p to put in the LI 150 SERIES2? to get into the MECCA was 5/- and if you were stupid enough to buy a Sort a drink, they always said I will have a Brandy & Babycham with a cherry 6Bob on nothing no wonder I sold 5s & 10s in brown envelopes :g:

Somewhere I have a box of shop monthly pamphlets listing every LP issued from 64 - 71 with prices, I could easy compile a list of the LPs that were popular back then, before I go the GAYLADS "LADY IN A RED DRESS" DB, was a very big sound at the TWISTED WHEEL CLUB, makes you think? :huh: Sir KILLER, HERE ARE SOME PLATERS THAT MATTERS, FROM YOU HOST WITH THE MOST, SO GIDDY UP ROCK STEADY STYLE & CHUNE UP! YOU NO WHAT i MEAN BRUV AKA DAVE

the CARL BRET is recomended by myself to you one and all. XXpost-13241-0-64779900-1345583832_thumb.jpost-13241-0-74070800-1345583948_thumb.jpost-13241-0-06745200-1345584030_thumb.jpost-13241-0-16931200-1345584221_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest john s

It might be a stupid question, but why have you put the Majamood 45 up there?

It's quite fun, but it's nothing to do with reggae, rocksteady, or soul!

Social source share

It might be a stupid question, but why have you put the Maja Mood 45 up there?

It's quite fun, but it's nothing to do with reggae, rock-steady, or soul!

:hatsoff2:HI The reason behind it is that they are all DOCTOR BIRD, I was going to add ERROL DIXON "THE HOOP" but I noticed another link between them, then I forgot to mention it, it's very easy once you start to scratch it out?? by the way the maja mood 45 is another off those records that you could find all oer LONDON in the 7t's :shhh:

WHILE i AM ON THIS THREAD, NOT LONG TO GO, WHEN i GET 3 GLEN MILLERS FROM THE THREADERS WHO SHOT ME DOWN, I HOPE THEY DON.T START PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK WITH ME :boxing: DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2:HI The reason behind it is that they are all DOCTOR BIRD, I was going to add ERROL DIXON "THE HOOP" but I noticed another link between them, then I forgot to mention it, it's very easy once you start to scratch it out?? by the way the maja mood 45 is another off those records that you could find all oer LONDON in the 7t's :shhh:

WHILE i AM ON THIS THREAD, NOT LONG TO GO, WHEN i GET 3 GLEN MILLERS FROM THE THREADERS WHO SHOT ME DOWN, I HOPE THEY DON.T START PLAYING HIDE AND SEEK WITH ME :boxing: DAVE

Nobody "shot you down", nobody's saying it's not a very collectable record, it's just not worth 5 or 600 quid!

The Lee Perry looks nice on JJ, did you know there's another version of it, Derrick Morgan - Hard Time - Crab, don't know any others which use that rhythm.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!