Debonairs - 'ah La La' - B&f

• Replies 7
  • Views 937
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

I have an original on black vinyl, can dig it up to get deadwax details. Full info should be in the kreiter guide if you know someone with that.

Everyone thought the lead Ralph Johnson (dude with the solo record on masterkey also, also a member of the Ti-Chuans and Original Breed) was dead but I met him a few years ago and he was still kicking then at least.

Social source share

I pulled out my copy and it seems like a definite original, it's a white label promo with a bunch of label wear, writing on it, etc., that I found in some junk in Chicago. I'm disturbed by no stamp or anything official looking in the deadwax. The deadwax has handwritten U-1390 the ah la la side and U-1391 on the other side. In smaller letters on both sides handwritten is "BRS". There may have been red wax originals since that was a thing with doowop labels. I think you need info from the kreiter guide at this point, do you know someone with a copy or should I ask someone?

Social source share

Thanks Bob...wow...never seen a WD until that one...must be rare :ohmy:

A great Latin-tinged dancer that would appeal to some Northern fans. I recall Vince Ayers (you reading this Vince?!) playing it at the 100 Club many, many moons ago...sounded the business!

:hatsoff2:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert