Retro Soul Bands

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

One of my favourite etta James tracks when this gets played at the twisted wheel I just get lost on the dance floor!

This is a really good rendition great vocals and good backing

You say this was filmed in Toronto ?

With the bare brickwork at the back of the stage it reminds me of a certain club. On whitworth street Manchester

Would love to see this group down at the wheel

Spike

Edited by spike1
Social source share

Guest Soulshake

Check these out Billy "Stone Foundation" just been playing with Nolan Porter, Mike you must have caught him on a bad night i've seen James Hunter 3 times now and the guys brilliant.

Social source share

[ Mike you must have caught him on a bad night i've seen James Hunter 3 times now and the guys brilliant.

I sure did! - it was at the time of his 'People Got To Talk' album which I had bought and enjoyed - and of course I knew him from his Howling Wilf days, so was really looking forward to it. Saturday night too - he was already on stage at 8:00 and was gone by 9:10 - his 'patter' was awful - he came across as 'Del Boy' - he kept doing a 'fast' number then a 'slow' number. He really didn't want to be this far North ! the more he tried to engage the audience the more withdrawn they became - people didn't want to be dancing that early in the proceedings. As I say there must of been plenty of complaints as they refunded half the admission price! Sadly, I can't bear to listen to him now!

Mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!