Big Frank Murphy

Kerry F

Picked up Its all over but the pain today from a guy in america for $20. I personally love this song,buy i havent heard it played since Stafford,and i cant recall ever seeeing it on any for sale lists or playlists or even mentioned in any way shape or form. Just wondered what any of you thought. Also is 11 quid a good price or is it worth about 50p !!!

cheers Tabitha.

Social source share

• Replies 29
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Frank Dell, Big Frank Murphy, Big Frank & The Essence are all the same guy. Really underrated soul singer. All his records are pretty good at least.

Vastly underrated man, could do with a listing of his releases just to hear more.

So this may rule out Big Frank that plays dominoes down the 'vic. Somebody spilt his pint last week,lol.

H

Social source share

If you have Real1 you can hear 'Broke Your Game' here and 'See Me Cry' here. And speaking of 'the same man with a different name'... Is Harry Starr the Harry of Harry & The Keyavas? Same trumendously powerful voice... same singing style... Same man methinks... And is Scotty Williams the TJ Williams of TJ Williams & The Two Shades Of Soul? Christ! Worra mouthful !

Social source share

Picked up Its all over but the pain today from a guy in america for $20. I personally love this song,buy i havent heard it played since Stafford,and i cant  recall ever seeeing it on any for sale lists or playlists or even mentioned in any way shape or form. Just wondered what any of you thought. Also is 11 quid  a good price or is it worth about 50p !!!

cheers Tabitha.

Heard it the odd time since the 80's but not very often. Got plenty of life in it me thinks. About £50 nowadays I think.

Social source share

Guest 45s and 33s

Is Harry Starr the Harry of Harry & The Keyavas? Same trumendously powerful voice... same singing style... Same man methinks...

Yup, pretty certain they're the same.

Al

Social source share

If you have Real1 you can hear 'Broke Your Game' here and 'See Me Cry' here. And speaking of 'the same man with a different name'... Is Harry Starr the Harry of Harry & The Keyavas? Same trumendously powerful voice... same singing style... Same man methinks... And is Scotty Williams the TJ Williams of TJ Williams & The Two Shades Of Soul? Christ! Worra mouthful !

Is Harry Starr the Harry of Harry & The Keyavas? Same trumendously powerful voice... same singing style... Same man methinks

One and the same. Ray Pennington his real name I think. I'm just doing a cd for his wife of the tracks I've got. Need the a soundfile of the flip to If This Is Goodbye and I'm certain he did another on IPG as Harry & Keyavas any further help much appreciated.

Social source share

Didn't do any others on IPG, in fact there were only five or so releases on the label, and only one was by him. 'If This Is Goodbye' also came out on End.

Attached soundbite of flip to 'If This Is Goodbye', it's called 'Tears'. It's like 'Sugar Dumpling', he even sounds a bit like Cookie!

Mark

My mate Andy Dyson wasn't sure but he though he had another on IPG by Harry & Keyavas and one on IPG by Ray Pennington. Cheers for the soundfile.

Social source share

Didn't do any others on IPG, in fact there were only five or so releases on the label, and only one was by him. 'If This Is Goodbye' also came out on End.

Attached soundbite of flip to 'If This Is Goodbye', it's called 'Tears'. It's like 'Sugar Dumpling', he even sounds a bit like Cookie!

Mark

Could you send the soundfile off list as an MP3. The one you posted has a VIP extension and players can't read it.

Social source share

Velvelettes There He Goes Ipg 1002

Joe E. Ross Ooh, Ooh IPG 1003

Darlene & Darla In Your Imagination Ipg 1005

Ray Saporita Baby Sitter Ipg 1006

Jay Wiggins Sad Girl Ipg 1008

Rusty Evans Ace Of Sorrow Ipg 1010

Harry & Keyavas If This IS Goodbye Ipg 1011

Bobby Salvatore Big Al Ipg 1012

Jay Wiggins Forgiven Forget Ipg 1015

Vito Picone Path In The Wilderness Ipg 1016

Jay Wiggins I Work So Hard Ipg 3002

Jay Wiggins You're On My Mind Ipg 3001

Social source share

As far as I know, Mr. Starr had the two End releases, 'Another Time/Step' & 'If This Is Goodbye/Tears' (whih is actually credited to Harry Starr with vocal accompaniment by The Keyavas) and the IPG release.

The file's seazed up so I canny change format. Sorry.

He also did "Live It Up"

Social source share

One and the same. Ray Pennington his real name I think. I'm just doing a cd for his wife of the tracks I've got. Need the a soundfile of the flip to If This Is Goodbye and I'm certain he did another on IPG as Harry & Keyavas any further help much appreciated.

Hi ex btw is Elouise Pennington of the Spellbinders/Ad Libs.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!