Ebay Booters And Daft Trading Names

Guest soulboymick

Guest soulboymick

Just spotted an array of new looky likeys like Pow Wow-Manny whatshisname.....Cecil Washington(why?) among several others. Daft trading names n all, like 'getitshifted' 'taketimetotrade' 'jhrussells'

I was apalled to see em at the Torquay, Hunny and Brid weekenders. I'm assured Brid have banned em, hopefully the other 2 follow suit or is it the back pocket pay off? :g:

I bet they sound s***e too, probably dubbed off Youtube :lol:

Here's the dog end of the scene... https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Manny-Corchado-Pow-Wow-Northern-Soul-45-/140831984954?pt=UK_Records&hash=item20ca3d8d3a

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cecil-Washington-I-Dont-Like-To-Lose-Northern-Soul-New-Vinyl-45-/130739544488?pt=UK_Records&hash=item1e70af21a8

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Just spotted an array of new looky likeys like Pow Wow-Manny whatshisname.....Cecil Washington(why?) among several others. Daft trading names n all, like 'getitshifted' 'taketimetotrade' 'jhrussells'

I was apalled to see em at the Torquay, Hunny and Brid weekenders. I'm assured Brid have banned em, hopefully the other 2 follow suit or is it the back pocket pay off? :g:

I bet they sound s***e too, probably dubbed off Youtube :lol:

Here's the dog end of the scene... https://www.ebay.co.u...=item20ca3d8d3a

https://www.ebay.co.u...=item1e70af21a8

It does kinda sicken me when this happens. I tried to license Cecil Washington legitimately which would have meant the owner would have received an advance and a decent royalty for the next 3 years but we couldn't trace the owner in time for the release in question......such a shame.

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

So are these two records boot legs where somebody has pressed up illegal copies, without the consent of recorded works owner/publisher and selling them at gigs? Crazy question I know....and they even put their address on the Ebay site?

Edited by Carl Dixon
Social source share

Carl , hope you're good mate , if you search ebay for Northern Soul ! I would say 20% of the stuff you find is so obviously boots ( ok maybe exagerating a bit) , it's unbelievable. I know a bit but am no expert but some of them are so bad it's untrue , yet people still but them. I sell every couple of weeks or so on ebay and struggle to get bids on nice condition originals in the £20 - £100 book price range , not rare I know but when I start at £2.99 - £9.99 they're still bargains . Seems to me you need to be selling Boots/Pressings to make money. I don't do it for a living I just need more funds to buy more records.

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

p.s. anything new in the pipeline Carl ?

Social source share

To my mind, this is the same as most things these days................MOST FOLKS DON'T GIVE A S---E!!! If there's a market for them this kinda thing will just just go on and on!!!

Too many folk out to make a quick buck no matter what!!!

The folk buying them are worse that the sellers IMO!!!

:(

Edited by Carol J
Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Just as bad as the fake designer clothes on there,

Want buy a DVD, remember the ads........Counterfeit goods fund organised crime

post-10426-0-12896400-1345973537_thumb.j

Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Swifty. It's amazing then. It looks as though it's about money rather than the love of the song/product. How on earth can it be policed!

As for new stuff, well I was thinking of asking Pree if she wanted to do a lead overdub on 'Tell me' and release as digital only. The lyrics fit in nicely with male or female lead. Also I was going to ask Spyder if he would do 'Suddenly', but the lyrics are too feminine unfortunately. I am also working on my 'east coast' style mid 70's material (Make Five) and getting well and truly fed up of listening to it! I have been doing them for 3 years and need to do some new stuff. I am considering producing some new songs with a 60's groove. I have quite a few in my arsenal so could use a few of them with any new songs I create. If you are curious and not heard my latest postings, just go to 55motown on soundcloud. I just uploaded a Detroit sounding effort I wrote in 2004.....

Social source share

thing is people want the big classics but cant afford the real ones...right or wrong thats how it is...ive just put 20 odd records on ebay half of them are old look a like boots and reissues of classics bought years ago before i was OVO,half are decent cheap originals..ive just had a look and ive got 2 watches on the originals and 22 on the boots!

dean

Social source share

Guest allnightandy

It does kinda sicken me when this happens. I tried to license Cecil Washington legitimately which would have meant the owner would have received an advance and a decent royalty for the next 3 years but we couldn't trace the owner in time for the release in question......such a shame.

Ian D :D

I spoke to Cecil last year via his youtube account !

Andy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!