• Replies 32
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Would that be the Patterson T's then?

Yes. It's a odd mental hang up associated with collecting northern, I think. When you first get involved you don't give a monkey's about what the tunes on. Then you start traveling to hear Sam's and Serling's spots becasue they're the only ones playing something. Then you finally get a record where there's a couple of versions e.g. 'Gonna find a true love', 'I don't want to lose you' , and one's a fiver and fab and the other is a £100 and shit; but which one do we hang on to....... (don't tell me you haven't done the same :-) )

Social source share

Yes. It's a odd mental hang up associated with collecting northern, I think. When you first get involved you don't give a monkey's about what the tunes on. Then you start traveling to hear Sam's and Serling's spots becasue they're the only ones playing something. Then you finally get a record where there's a couple of versions e.g. 'Gonna find a true love', 'I don't want to lose you' , and one's a fiver and fab and the other is a £100 and shit; but which one do we hang on to....... (don't tell me you haven't done the same :-) )

Yes I'v done the same. I suppose you can relate to seeing two totally different record for sale at the same price, (and like you said) one's worth a grand and the other's worth £50. Whch do you pick..???

Wanna swap/sell your Patterson twins? Can put together a good trade (inc. money) together...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

bOTTOM AND cOMPANY EVERY TIME.....INTERESTING THAT SOME PREFER pAT TWINS......apologies had cap lock on

With me it has nothing to do with it's rarity i genuinly prefer the PT version not sure if it's because that version is the first that i heard or because that version has a little more Bolleaux, slightly funkier ifyaknowworramean ;o)))

JoT

Social source share

Yes I'v done the same. I suppose you can relate to seeing two totally different record for sale at the same price, (and like you said) one's worth a grand and the other's worth £50. Whch do you pick..???

Wanna swap/sell your Patterson twins? Can put together a good trade (inc. money) together...

Sorry I not interested in swapping / selling owt these days unless it involves me getting Eric Mercury- Lonely Girl and Fred & Turbines - Bernadine, so the chances are very slim! (i don't need the money cuz I rob banks)

Which leads me onto another strange Northern 'mental' thing; has anyone noticed that if you paid £100 for it and can get £200 now it's much easier to let go than if you paid £5 and can now get £500 for it?

Social source share

Funnily enough I was offered both of those as swaps, and the SOAB picked the two rarest in my collection. I had to say no, which is understandable when they've been in my collection for nigh on 30 years.

Don't like Fred & The Turbines - over rated and over priced IMO.

And another thing... Has anyone got a copy of Jimmy Thomas - The Beautiful Night - Parlophone Promo? I've given up the search for a black 'un so the cheaper alternative will have to do...

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

MR SMITH THANKS FOR THE DEDICATION MATE ;O))

I MISSED YOU AT THE END LAST NIGHT SO COULDN'T DO IT IN PERSON, TOP SPOT BTW JUST WISH I'D REMEMBERED WHAT A PIG THE PATTERSON TWINS IS TO DANCE TO LOL

JoT

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Bottom and co every time

PT is a bit too disco for me

Kin ell Adam that's rich coming from you LOL ;o)))

PT has at least two more balls than the Bottom version ;o)))

JoT

Social source share

- Jesus Christ I sound like a car salesman! (no offence to any car salesmen out there, I'll stop slating you when you stop accosting me!! ;-) )

Anyway on with the topic... Patterson Twins gets it hands down every time IMO!!

Well i've heard niether so cant comment if anyone would like to mail soundbites of said choons that would be rather spiffing

Oss tritch

Social source share

Bottom & Co for me - definately the more danceable (if that counts for anything).

Probably one of the best things on Motown from the 70's

Anyone got any other fave northern style Motown tracks from the 70's??? Another personal fave is Date with the Rain - Eddie Kendricks (Tamla), still a bargain bucket price of £15-25 at the moment!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!