Articles: Darrow Fletcher - The Interview - The Full Story

Boxy

Guest Brett F

Agreed brilliant interview, really interesting, also great as always to hear from a legendary artist, but please why (for us vinyl nuts) can't Ace release the missing album on vinyl ?? But no matter, just great that the music can be heard at long last whatever the format. Can you just clarify Dave, does the 70's CD include all of the the aforementioned demo copy LP that Darrow mentions, the one that he said was recorded with Ray Charles ( and possibly copies are with Mable John ).

Social source share

Agreed brilliant interview, really interesting, also great as always to hear from a legendary artist, but please why (for us vinyl nuts) can't Ace release the missing album on vinyl ?? But no matter, just great that the music can be heard at long last whatever the format. Can you just clarify Dave, does the 70's CD include all of the the aforementioned demo copy LP that Darrow mentions, the one that he said was recorded with Ray Charles ( and possibly copies are with Mable John ).

Hi Brett

All the unissued tracks cut for the album in LA are included on the Kent CD plus the tracks that were later issued on 45's on Crossover/Atco/Atlantic.

Darrow cut a fantastic version of "Sunny" for the album. I hope to get Darrow to include this in his set at the Wilton, accompanied by the original backing track from the master tapes,

Hope that answers your questions. Hope to see you at the Wilton.

Dave

Social source share

Guest Brett F

Thanks Dave, and yes i'm going to be at the Wilton, will there be a chance for Darrow Fletcher to do a signing and meeting moment, just got a few 45's i'd love autographing.

Thanks again for such a rich and fabulous interview.

Cheers Brett

Social source share

Apart from a great interview, Dave has been a terrific help to Darrow in sorting this and a lot of other things out to help his career along. He's the reason this tour is happening and he has worked tirelessly and efficiently for that purpose to help Darrow along.

The unissued material is really superb and we will include every bit of it. Contractually it has been one of the hardest ever so I'm not going to ask for vinyl release until the new relationship is fully established. We would ideally like to find the original art work (if there was any) that would spur us on to trying harder.

Ady

Social source share

• 9 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!