Jump to content
Pete S

Eddie Parker - Love You Baby Boot?

Soul Bowl used to sell the green and white copies without an Archer stamp, I bought one at the time, but they were never regarded as originals.

You know I've seen about 3 or 4 types of look-a-like boots. Having said that there does seem to be a copy that hails from the US without the stamp. It's

always been assumed it came from those 70s boots that Selectadisc sold (Hesitations, Barbara Mills, etc;) these has almost perfect labels

and in the case of Jerry Cook and Alex Patten actual original labels. Boots wouldn't have found their way to the US in the 70s. I guess it's so

long ago we'll never really know, if you want a 100% guarantee then you have to get it with stamp.

Edited by Chris L

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

This is the 3www picture Chris L on my Love you Baby 3F5F2A7F-BB52-4432-9971-77C5A7CA216F.thumb.png.b7e195feff548a3fa524f0facccee6ae.png

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 6 February 2013 at 09:08, Chris L said:

 

 

You know I've seen about 3 or 4 types of look-a-like boots. Having said that there does seem to be a copy that hails from the US without the stamp. It's

always been assumed it came from those 70s boots that Selectadisc sold (Hesitations, Barbara Mills, etc;) these has almost perfect labels

and in the case of Jerry Cook and Alex Patten actual original labels. Boots wouldn't have found their way to the US in the 70s. I guess it's so

long ago we'll never really know, if you want a 100% guarantee then you have to get it with stamp.

chris, we went to the US in 1979 and found some Northern bootlegs in amongst the original records.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
21 hours ago, neckender said:

chris, we went to the US in 1979 and found some Northern bootlegs in amongst the original records.

Really ? Do you remember which ones ?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 2/6/2013 at 09:08, Chris L said:

 

 

You know I've seen about 3 or 4 types of look-a-like boots. Having said that there does seem to be a copy that hails from the US without the stamp. It's

always been assumed it came from those 70s boots that Selectadisc sold (Hesitations, Barbara Mills, etc;) these has almost perfect labels

and in the case of Jerry Cook and Alex Patten actual original labels. Boots wouldn't have found their way to the US in the 70s. I guess it's so

long ago we'll never really know, if you want a 100% guarantee then you have to get it with stamp.

Unless said "boots" were actually repressed in the U.S. in the first place, I've often wondered whether many so called "UK made lookalike boots" were not just ordered from the original labels in the U.S. and pressed up. I once bought two copies of The Dalton Boys on V.I.P. demo from the same guy in the U.S., they arrived in the same package, one was an original the other wasn't, i never noticed until the dealer I sold them to sent one back !. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Kegsy said:

Unless said "boots" were actually repressed in the U.S. in the first place, I've often wondered whether many so called "UK made lookalike boots" were not just ordered from the original labels in the U.S. and pressed up. I once bought two copies of The Dalton Boys on V.I.P. demo from the same guy in the U.S., they arrived in the same package, one was an original the other wasn't, i never noticed until the dealer I sold them to sent one back !. 

That's true we all know what Monarch were up to in the 70s :pirate:

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 28 January 2018 at 17:55, Chris L said:

Really ? Do you remember which ones ?

Although its difficult to remember all the titles, i do remember the Fabulous Jades-Rika, Superlatives-Uptite & Carl Henderson-that girl-Renfro.  All a bit disconcerting at the time.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 2/6/2013 at 09:08, Chris L said:

 

 

You know I've seen about 3 or 4 types of look-a-like boots. Having said that there does seem to be a copy that hails from the US without the stamp. It's

always been assumed it came from those 70s boots that Selectadisc sold (Hesitations, Barbara Mills, etc;) these has almost perfect labels

and in the case of Jerry Cook and Alex Patten actual original labels. Boots wouldn't have found their way to the US in the 70s. I guess it's so

long ago we'll never really know, if you want a 100% guarantee then you have to get it with stamp.

The first boots I found over there were Belgian boots for the Popcorn scene. I got about 10 Sam Fletchers on a dodgy Tollie label out of Downstairs records in NYC. I sold them on as what they were.

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, ady croasdell said:

The first boots I found over there were Belgian boots for the Popcorn scene. I got about 10 Sam Fletchers on a dodgy Tollie label out of Downstairs records in NYC. I sold them on as what they were.

That Sam Fletcher started it for the Belgian boots, there was a big import record shop in Antwerp that got them done.

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

HI everyone, I am new to this group so 'Hello'. I couldn't resist joining in with this thread for a couple of reasons.. firstly this pressing, with 'Archer' in the run-outs. Every one of these (represses/unofficial/bootleg or whatever)  I have seen including the badly photographed 'unofficial' release on Discogs has the text 'Arranged By' overlapping the green 'a', whereas the original on the same site has 'Arranged by' to the left of the 'a' and not overlapping it.. also the look of the label is generally sharper on the original. My copy is confusing me for a couple of reasons. Firstly the label is the same as the original on Discogs and other (apparent) originals I have seen, yet the run-outs have 'ARCHER' unevenly stamped.. But then so does a rare - original - demo pressing that I saw sold (possibly on here) a little while ago.. that was seemingly original and with ARCHER.. so do we understand this well enough? I have tried to figure out if mine is an original pressing or an unofficial release by looking at the label as well as the run-outs are there are so many inconsistencies in what people report and what their opinion is on this.. Can I ask people for their thoughts? Oh and the other thing is I have taken some decent photos as there are a lot of blurry ones here.. these can serve as a reference but I don't know how to post them.. here are some links to them on Photobucket.. thanks.. Tony

Label 1

Runout 1

Runout 2

Runout 3

Runout 4

Runout 5

 

 

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

 

Good photo's ,tried to load them on here but too small to see and couldn't enlarge,can see clearly and enlarge on your links though. Thanks

My copy same as this one bought it for 50P on Doncaster Market so always thought it was a boot

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Smudger

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

HI - I have just had it on reliable authority that the one of mine is a boot.. albeit a nice one! I will upload the images to here now that I can..  for reference

Thanks

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Here are the pictures I promised! I am now able to upload them. Thanks all]

IMG_5765.thumb.jpeg.b28ecefdb34cefa3578f97b58b0abb5c.jpeg

IMG_5767.jpeg

IMG_5766.jpeg

IMG_5770.jpeg

IMG_5768.jpeg

IMG_5769.jpeg

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
9 minutes ago, Phonostage said:

HI - I have just had it on reliable authority that the one of mine is a boot.. albeit a nice one! I will upload the images to here now that I can..  for reference

Thanks

It is a boot, real one Archer is larger and straight, there is a scan early in the topic

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, Chalky said:

It is a boot, real one Archer is larger and straight, there is a scan early in the topic

Was this a Soussan one, with the Selectadisc connection ?

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
2 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Was this a Soussan one, with the Selectadisc connection ?

HI - I am not sure where it came from. I got it in auction.. from the south!

 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Earlier this year some left over stock from Lorraine Chandler's estate was sold to a record store in Detroit. It included copies of The Four Sonics and Joe Buckman records on Sepia, Perfections on Drumhead, Eddie Parker on Triple B, along with about 5 stock copies and 1 demo copy of the Eddie Parker on Ashford. The demo copy had the large and raised ARCHER stamp, but the stock copies had no stamp at all. I've only found this record twice before - once in Chicago and once in Detroit, and neither of those copies had the stamp either. 

  • Up vote 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
3 hours ago, Nick Soule said:

Earlier this year some left over stock from Lorraine Chandler's estate was sold to a record store in Detroit. It included copies of The Four Sonics and Joe Buckman records on Sepia, Perfections on Drumhead, Eddie Parker on Triple B, along with about 5 stock copies and 1 demo copy of the Eddie Parker on Ashford. The demo copy had the large and raised ARCHER stamp, but the stock copies had no stamp at all. I've only found this record twice before - once in Chicago and once in Detroit, and neither of those copies had the stamp either. 

There were boots with no stamp (3 in all I believe)

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

Two 'stock' copies have come up for sale at British Bespoke Auctions recently with the raised AR in the ARCHER stamp. One sold for £60 in May and the other for £35 in June.

Edited by Soulfusion

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
26 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

There were boots with no stamp (3 in all I believe)

I really don’t think the copies without the Archer stamps are bootlegs. Why would Lorraine have bootlegs mixed in with other 60s stock? And like I said in an earlier post, the only other two that I’ve turned up were well used copies that were in collections comprised of records from the 60s. 

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
Posted (edited)

206B85F5-FDA2-45D6-8062-81A5F9A9C5FD.thumb.jpeg.8f7f5de20eb8e5c9bf8883fe463bfd78.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.1d631cf6030c99557f5ae3a4738bc4d6.jpgHi bought this of JM a couple of years ago with no Archer stamp but as 3www in the matrix John said Definite original would anybody care to elaborate on this 

Edited by B1 Okeh

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
1 hour ago, B1 Okeh said:

206B85F5-FDA2-45D6-8062-81A5F9A9C5FD.thumb.jpeg.8f7f5de20eb8e5c9bf8883fe463bfd78.jpegimage.thumb.jpg.1d631cf6030c99557f5ae3a4738bc4d6.jpgHi bought this of JM a couple of years ago with no Archer stamp but as 3www in the matrix John said Definite original would anybody care to elaborate on this 

Three W stamped ones are original.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
9 hours ago, Nick Soule said:

I really don’t think the copies without the Archer stamps are bootlegs. Why would Lorraine have bootlegs mixed in with other 60s stock? And like I said in an earlier post, the only other two that I’ve turned up were well used copies that were in collections comprised of records from the 60s. 

If that's the case I stand corrected as I was told ages ago that 1st Bootlegs have and "ARCHER" Stamped Matrix, 2nd Bootlegs have a similar "Archer" Stamped Matrix and 3rd Bootlegs have NO Stamp at all

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
On 04/07/2020 at 07:45, Chalky said:

Three W stamped ones are original.  

HI - If you look a bit higher up here my copy has the 3W etched and also an Archer stamp but the view is that it is not original.. what are your thoughts? I have posted pictures higher up

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share
8 hours ago, Phonostage said:

HI - If you look a bit higher up here my copy has the 3W etched and also an Archer stamp but the view is that it is not original.. what are your thoughts? I have posted pictures higher up

Ahh - actually I might be mixing up triple 'B' and triple 'W'

Share this forum post


soul source url
Social source share

Look At Your Box - Source Forum

Get into the record & soul music talk

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Get started now!
Log into Soul Source

Get max use of the forums

Log in now!

  1. Eddie Parker,eddie Holman,billy Stewart Lps + Some 45s
    Record Sales by Soulmanstu on Tue 14 Jan 2020
    • 1 / 566
    • Soulmanstu on 14 Jan 2020
  2. J. T. Parker Or Johnny Parker
    Look At Your Box by Prophonics 2029 on Fri 22 Jun 2012
    • 1 / 503
    • Prophonics 2029 on 22 Jun 2012
  3. Rs: J Parker - 09 - J Parker
    Look At Your Box by keithw on Thu 31 May 2007
    • 1 / 181
    • keithw on 31 May 2007
  4. Eddie Parker-i Need A True Love-how Many Versions ?
    Look At Your Box by Dave Thorley on Sun 23 Jul 2006
    • 7 / 1152
    • John Elias on 08 Feb 2011
  5. Love Your Baby Eddie Parker Ashford
    Look At Your Box by mobbsy on Fri 02 Feb 2007
    • 3 / 344
    • mobbsy on 02 Feb 2007
  6. Eddie Parker- Love You Baby French Googa Mooga Release
    Look At Your Box by theimposter1979 on Thu 27 Dec 2007
    • 32 / 3367
    • 45cellar on 29 Dec 2007

Source Adverts



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.