Adi S

• Replies 8
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Brett F

You can't just call by his shop / warehouse, can you?

Perhaps by appointment?

Never been, but i know if i was in Portland, Oregon i would be making a phone call...

Had his newsletter many a year and have bought many an item from Mr Moerer...I've never had a problem, but have had plenty of good records..including a mighty fine one arrive today.

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

Never been, but i know if i was in Portland, Oregon i would be making a phone call...

Had his newsletter many a year and have bought many an item from Mr Moerer...I've never had a problem, but have had plenty of good records..including a mighty fine one arrive today.

Me neither. It's just that I seem to recall he doesn't allow visitors, phone call or not. Perhaps that's changed in recent times?

Social source share

There are two regular soul nights in Portland. One is more for the US hard R&B/funk market, the other (in Vancouver, WA across the river) caters to the scooter/mod types. I don't have a schedule for them, sorry. Check the Willamette Week paper for info on local events. If you are there for the second or last Saturday of the month, we have big soul dance nights in Seattle, a three hour drive to the north.

As far as stores go, Crossroads music and the Vinyl Resting Place occasionally get interesting records in, the LPs are a little better chance than the 45s. There are some other used stores like Everyday Music that have less chance of something turning up.

Edited by George G
Social source share

There are two regular soul nights in Portland. One is more for the US hard R&B/funk market, the other (in Vancouver, WA across the river) caters to the scooter/mod types. I don't have a schedule for them, sorry. Check the Willamette Week paper for info on local events. If you are there for the second or last Saturday of the month, we have big soul dance nights in Seattle, a three hour drive to the north.

As far as stores go, Crossroads music and the Vinyl Resting Place occasionally get interesting records in, the LPs are a little better chance than the 45s. There are some other used stores like Everyday Music that have less chance of something turning up.

'Vinyl Resting Place', that's a great name for a record shop. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Thanks for these infos! Will definitvly check this out. Seattle could also be an option.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!