soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 37
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Got another rarer one...

Eddie Whitehead - Just Your Fool - Black Jack - NM vinyl, sticker mark on run-out groove (both sides) which skips needle onto label, plastic centre taped into centre of record (don't worry, it wasn't me!) which I'm scared of taking off in case the tape tears the label. Would be well over £1,000 in perfect condition. Open to serious offers. It's not very often you get a chance to buy such an ellusive classic. Again, PM me if you're interested.

Social source share

Will have a full list in a few days. Until then, here's just a few 'put-me-ons':

Sherlock Holmes - Standing At A Standstill - Part III - NM vinyl, writing and tears on label. One of my all-time faves and a 45 that's been in my collection for 20 years. Only up for sale as I have now got a better condition copy. Offers around £250.

Joe Johnson - Do Unto Others - Tee - NM vinyl, time written on label. £300.

Social source share

Another biggie...

Coco & Ben - Good Feelin' - Earthworld - VG+ vinyl, E+ label with slight ware. As before, this is taken from my collection and another personal fave, but I suppose I would let it go for the right money. Featured on 'For Modern Millionaires Only Vol. 1' and valued in excess of £1,000 in mint condition. Serious offers.

Social source share

What do you think?!

Also decided I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really WANT Calvin Williams - Let's Dance - Target.

Social source share

Also decided I really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really, really WANT Calvin Williams - Let's Dance - Target.

C'mon, hasn't anyone got this f**king record????!!

I don't care if you haven't!!

Just talk to me!!

Tell me you haven't!!!

Social source share

• 6 months later...

What do you think?!

link

I really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want you to have it but I don't think I can part with my copy quite yet. BTW, any idea what year it was recorded and/or released?

Thanks,

Brian T.

Social source share

Frederick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favors - Fab Vegas - Again, lots of stuff to swap, can pay up too!

feckin been loads of them on ebay in the last 6 months

brooklynborn has them

the gasher

link

Yes Ritchie he has but as I had a interesting conversation with him and checked some copies - IMO they are represses and when I got mine from Sam he told me who he got it from(Which dealer and the dealer confirmed the price) and also that others he got were different to Sams copy! Hope your not freezing your bollocks off again :sleep3:

Social source share

What do you think?!

link

Calvin williams on ebay at the moment no bids

Social source share

Frederick Hymes III - Time Ain't Gonna Do Me No Favors - Fab Vegas - Again, lots of stuff to swap, can pay up too!

feckin been loads of them on ebay in the last 6 months

brooklynborn has them

the gasher

link

Yes Gash, but you will see that the post you quoted is over a year old :sleep3: I've had 2 copies since then - one pukka original from Mr. Dyson and the other a dodgy thing from a t*at in the states :( still rare if you ask me as 99% of those on ebay are re-presses.

Calvin williams on ebay at the moment no bids

link

...and it has no bids because it's too expensice :(

Social source share

Yes Gash, but you will see that the post you quoted is over a year old :D I've had 2 copies since then - one pukka original from Mr. Dyson and the other a dodgy thing from a t*at in the states shhh.gif still rare if you ask me as 99% of those on ebay are re-presses.

...and it has no bids because it's too expensice :D

link

There are no re-presses of Fred Hymes - they are all the same and all originals :D

Social source share

There are no re-presses of Fred Hymes - they are all the same and all originals  whistling.gif

link

Please read my previous comment

They are not all originals as I can assert being that I was not there when they were pressed but you really can see that some copies were made some time ago and the others are pretty new unless you decide that some are west coast and some are east coast which I do not think is feasible! :lol:

The ones coming out at the moment have apoor definition of print, are too glossy, and the vinyl is nearly see-through and has a sharp edge.

Originals IMO are heavier vinyl that dont have sharp edges, the definition of print is very clear and the label gloss appears to be minute hygroscopically damaged(this is the same as an Oil painting cracking) :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!