Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Andy

One I've always like this but still haven't got round to picking one up yet,which I should remedy ASAP :thumbsup:..........so many records so little money.

Cheers

Martyn

Yep Martyn I was thinking that HRD. Would be easy to pick up anytime so I also put it off and thought I'd get one later but have been burnt a few times with that thought process ,so when I clocked it had to get it even though I've bought my quota this month. There's always summat else that " I NEED "around the corner and long may it continue having an empty wallet is par for the course when on this collecting lark(Obsession ) Atb Andy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL...First things first, TOMMY HUNT, TOP RECORD. also worth a spin is DIRECTION #3216 "I NEED A WOMAN" CLASS.post-13241-0-77204400-1347069031_thumb.j

My pick at this early part of SATURDAY MORNING, Is a record from the shelf rather than the box? I can never pass it by without a spin, a classic in every which way, for sure, & from that period of time on the SOUL SCENE I call the TWIX, This was a time that many OLD SCHOOL dropped of the scene, no not 81, but 73 the TWIX between TORCH & WIGAN, when there were many classics unearthed and played at the PENDLEUM, VVAVA CENTRAL & CARLTON also STAFFORD and the HOWARD MALLET,

The SOULVILLE ALL-STARS "I'M GONNA GET TO YOU" SOULVILLE RECORDS SV 1006B. Rated ***** Value £120 must have

If you are not attempting to dance to this as I do and I am 60, give it up now please, as this is classic NORTHERN SOUL ENJOY.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

As I was AWOL yesterday thought I'd sneak a couple but on this lovely sunny morning.

A tune made famous by the late great Etta James but I love this version & a brilliant dancer,always gets good dancefloor reaction when played.................

Martha Velez - Tell Mama Sire

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I dont want to go down the James Brown route but the earlier posting of Money wont change you, reminded me of this other little King track....

Cover of a country & western song I believe :yes:

Haydn

Newie to me & hit the spot straight away,might have to re-evaluate my thought's over Mr. Brown :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Joe Murphy version is damn fine - bet its more than a pound though :ohmy::D

love this...played it at gogo children saturday and funny enuff almost took the other top gladys knight lp feeling bluesy and martha valez is often in my playbox...on a nice yellow uk london demo..great version

dean

Edited by spacehopper
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Couldnt decide which side to post, but sure I've posted the other side before, way back at the beginning of record of the day....

the Accents - You better think again

Awesome and I love it!

Social source share

Just been listening to my ipod while on a break, I know it's against the rules, but I just have to make a second post today!

Denise LaSalle - I'm so Hot - MCA

How good is this!

Social source share