Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

A great little tune I should describe as 'crossover magic' I suppose, but I hate pigeon holing anything, and I just love the track. It was one of those things I discovered while trolling through youtube about 18 months ago and instantly went and bought a copy.

Willie Tee - Reach out for me

Love this track too. I have the 45, but also have it on the "I'm only a man" LP. I think it's a slightly different mix and keep meaning to listen to them side by side to confirm.

Dave

Social source share

A great little tune I should describe as 'crossover magic' I suppose, but I hate pigeon holing anything, and I just love the track. It was one of those things I discovered while trolling through youtube about 18 months ago and instantly went and bought a copy.

Willie Tee - Reach out for me

And rightly so Paul great track Willie tee big fav of mine
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Sorry Paul - I did think about you at work and posted the artist! The title is..............

Make Your's a Happy Home

Peter

:thumbsup:

Makes my home happy while shes singing this.
Social source share

Sorry Paul - I did think about you at work and posted the artist! The title is..............

Make Your's a Happy Home

Peter

Cheers Peter, I got the Gladys Knight bit, but there's sooooooooo many stunning tracks to choose from!

A favourite, anyway!

:thumbsup::thumbup:

Social source share

I think I'm gonna join in the Gladys love-in.Would have posted "If You Ever Need Somebody" but think I've already posted that??So one equally as good but a bit better known...................

Gladys Knight-No One Could Love You More Tamla Motown

Yep another belter Martyn. Great for the dance floor.

Peter

IYENS is smashing too.

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

I think I'm gonna join in the Gladys love-in.Would have posted "If You Ever Need Somebody" but think I've already posted that??So one equally as good but a bit better known...................

Gladys Knight-No One Could Love You More Tamla Motown

Been a few threads about this too. Interesting release - or not, plenty of boots around but only legit release on CD? I seem to recall thats the story.

Just to confirm that the above is complete bollox - I was thinking of something else!

:rofl::lol:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Been a few threads about this too. Interesting release - or not, plenty of boots around but only legit release on CD? I seem to recall thats the story.

Peter

"No One..........." is a legit release,UK only.Get it cheaper on LP,also the odd other half descent tracks on it.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

My technics also rolls like this with 6 speakers until I get my new Bose speaker system if you turn it up ya can't hear the neighbours banging on the wall!'

Then crank the baby up! :yes:

I'm not very techy really - have a really old set of technics seperates, amp, tuner, twin tape deck and turn table. Got a full size old phillips cd player on the bottom with two JVC speakers. Delivers some right fecking attitude and quality.

Social source share

Then crank the baby up! :yes:

I'm not very techy really - have a really old set of technics seperates, amp, tuner, twin tape deck and turn table. Got a full size old phillips cd player on the bottom with two JVC speakers. Delivers some right fecking attitude and quality.

sounds similar to my system but always delivers if it int broke don't fix it my motto although the small Bose speakers are the dogs bollox IMO cheers ! Andy
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2:PAGE 4 FEEDBACK

HI ALL,,, PAGE 4, COMMENTS AND A REMINDER OF THE THREAD RULES, IF i WAS TO MARK THIS PAGE? IT WOULD BE STOP THE 1 LINE POSTINGS, AS 9 RECORDS A PAGE, (ALL EXCELLANT PICKS) IS NOT GOOD WITH ALL THE BANTOR REPEATED, AND MEANINGLESS TO THE CASUAL READER. THIS PAGE LETS ALL PREVIOUS PAGES DOWN, IF YOU ARE MAKING COMMENTS AT LEAST DO 2 PARAGRAPHS,

ALSO AS MENIONED, GIVE AS MUCH INFO EITHER ABOVE POSTING OR WITH POSTING, PLEASE,

:g: SORRY BUT IT HAS TO BE SAID PAGE 4 IS A POOR REFLECTION ON THIS THREAD, IF YOU DIAGREE, TAKE ANOUTHER LOOK?? :thumbsup:

DID NOT QUITE GET THE RED NECK ROCK RECORD, BUT QUITE LIKED IT?

:rofl: DAVE

Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL

After many years I have my own copy of this classic from the Isley Brothers, so a BIG UP to TRICKY who gets my full endorsement in every which way, if you want good service when buying from SOULSOURCE FOR SALE PAGE,

"WHOSE THAT LADY" ORIGANAL, UA714 Value a TRICKY DEAL £50 & Worth every penny Rated*********

1964 sit back ENJOY :) DAVE K

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Staying with the female vocalists that seemed to make fine records on 45s & Album tracks

Rita Graham - My Cup Runneth Over - (that's Rita 'Gone With The Wind' Graham without the Tiaras...)

I got given a small pile of albums by a woman at work - out of her loft, and this LP 'Vibrations' was in that pile, along with a

Gladys Knight 'A little Knight Music'

Nolan Porter 'Nolan'

2 Walker Brothers LPs, both with 'Living Above Your Head'

Temptations Greatest Hits

Denise LaSalle 'Trapped By a Thing called Love'

Detroit Emeralds 'Do Me Right'

And some other forgettable stuff, said she bought them as new releases when she was knocking about with some american bloke in her 'adventurous' days, and that they'd gone in the loft when she got married in 1978 and her sister made her take all the 'crap' she'd left at her house over the years with her!

Result

Edited by MrC
Social source share