Soul Source Record Of The Day, (Some Say It's The Fall?) Autum 2012

dthedrug

Spent a rather pleasant afternoon at Horse & Groom yesterday,if you like(& it seems a lot on here do)mid-tempo/crossover/70t's & 80t's you'll love it............oh you can have a beer too (well my missus can) :D

So today's post is something that would fit in quite nicely with the sort of stuff played.

Jesse James Believe In Me Baby 20th Century

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been layed up in bed with gastro enteritus for a few days, wife been in hospital with the same thing, so this is 1st post for a few days, thought Dave was starting the 'winter' section of the thread last night..... come on Dave!

Anyhooooo... another cheap, relatively recent (for me anyway) discovery

Jimmy Beaumont - theres no other love

Social source share

big thanks to dave for starting this thread , all who have looked, liked , posted , ect a good idea is a good idea

Hi Gogger

Agree it's a great thread - as has been said its been educational and we've heard so many brill records that we probably wouldn't otherwise have done. Didn't this all start off though as your " recommended record of the day from your collecton"? Idea was to post a label scan but I think I may started adding a you tube clip to the thread - Major Lance performing Since I Lost My Baby's Love on Soul Train. You can blame me for slowing down our search engines or does that only happen on my knackered old laptop? :(

ATB

Mike

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Spent a rather pleasant afternoon at Horse & Groom yesterday,if you like(& it seems a lot on here do)mid-tempo/crossover/70t's & 80t's you'll love it............oh you can have a beer too (well my missus can) :D

So today's post is something that would fit in quite nicely with the sort of stuff played.

Jesse James Believe In Me Baby 20th Century

Love this track Martyn (as with just about anything Jesse James did!) just wished they hadn't put the canned live bit on it, would love to hear it without the party cheering bits!

Another couple of his 20th Cent numbers that would fit in at H&G are "Bring My Baby Back" and "If You're Lonely"

Think we've had 'em both posted in these threads :thumbsup:

steve

steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Love this track Martyn (as with just about anything Jesse James did!) just wished they hadn't put the canned live bit on it, would love to hear it without the party cheering bits!

Another couple of his 20th Cent numbers that would fit in at H&G are "Bring My Baby Back" and "If You're Lonely"

Think we've had 'em both posted in these threads :thumbsup:

steve

steve

Steve

Yes it does spoil it a bit but I've listen to it that much I block that bit out now but it would be better without it.

Yes "If You're Lonely" is a great track :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share