News: Lilian Lopez (Odyssey) Rip

Goldsoul

Guest TONY ROUNCE

...Lilian was a wonderful singer whose material didn't always give her the chance to show just how good she was.

Not a lot of records make me cry real run-down-your-cheek tears, but this one always has:

...very sad to note her passing.

Edited by TONY ROUNCE
Social source share

...Lilian was a wonderful singer whose material didn't always give her the chance to show just how good she was.

Not a lot of records make me cry real run-down-your-cheek tears, but this one always has:

One of the best love songs ever from that period....Delxxxxx

Social source share

Sad news,

Lillian will always be remembered in the UK, especially for the brilliant 'If You're Looking For A Way Out'.

I always thought it was odd that such a huge UK hit wasn't successful in the US ...in fact I'm not even sure it was issued as a single in the US.

Paul

Social source share

Gutted ! this is getting all too regular lately. what a fabulous singer this lady was, i had the pleasure of seeing her sing the big hits and more in Nottm lace market a few yrs ago, the highlight being 'Hang together'

Native New Yorker is a legendary record that i never tire of. i remember a couple of yrs back there was a poll on here for your Favourite RCA release, well Native new yorker was my choice, to me it really is that good.

RIP Lillian, the lady with vocals so beautiful.........

Social source share

Absolutely Tone, one of the few records that make me feel that way too, such a sad sad record.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!