Skull Snaps Lp Help Required

Loren

Hi

i would like to know about this LP on GSF if there's a matrix number on the original us press and if there's one wich one.

I know about repress some years ago. any info about the original gatefold one would be appreciated...thanks very much

best

loren

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

A few versions of this, isn't it true that a 2nd copy on GSF with the White sticker mentioning ' Contains the hit single i'm your pimp' is sometimes sold as an original when in fact it isn't ?, plus there is an Italian and Venezulean copy from 1973 GSF, plus the later re-issues from, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2009 plus 2011, it's such an demand LP from those who like to 'Mix' and use the 'Breaks' etc as well as funk/soul fans, so always considered the original GSF-S-1011, without the sticker and a gatefold cover....But i'm never 100% sure, just what i've read, seen, been told over the years...

Edited by Brett F
Social source share

A few versions of this, isn't it true that a 2nd copy on GSF with the White sticker mentioning ' Contains the hit single i'm your pimp' is sometimes sold as an original when in fact it isn't ?, plus there is an Italian and Venezulean copy from 1973 GSF, plus the later re-issues from, 1994, 1995, 2005, 2009 plus 2011, it's such an demand LP from those who like to 'Mix' and use the 'Breaks' etc as well as funk/soul fans, so always considered the original GSF-S-1011, without the sticker and a gatefold cover....But i'm never 100% sure, just what i've read, seen, been told over the years...

That one with the sticker IS an original though, it was available quite widespread in the UK in 75 and 76 at the same time as the one without it...of course I'm Your Pimp was never a single so it does make you wonder, maybe they were made as exports to the UK deliberately

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert