News: Sparkle - Film Remake Opens Uk October 2012

Mike

I take it with them being a trio from Detroit it is based on the Supremes?

The original film is set in Harlem. It's not about the Supremes or any other group specifically - it's just about the trials and tribulations of the music industry and the effects of its poison on those who believe it to be a route to fame and riches without consequences.

It could be set in any decade - the 1930's, 40's, 50's or 2020's - because ultimately nothing in the music business changes. It's all about exploitation.

Social source share

Yes but were are talking about the remake which is set in Detroit during the Motown era. I've just read the remake is inspired by the Supremes?? Will have to see the film to see what comparisons can be drawn from any act during that era.

I can't remember seeing the original either so I'll go looking for it to watch sometime.

Social source share

Yes but were are talking about the remake which is set in Detroit during the Motown era. I've just read the remake is inspired by the Supremes?? Will have to see the film to see what comparisons can be drawn from any act during that era.

I can't remember seeing the original either so I'll go looking for it to watch sometime.

The makers may regret any link to the Supremes. There'll be no shortage of continuity advisers and detail research analysis available. Had to smile yesterday, was painting outside all day and had radio 2 on in the background. Martin Shaw was on Steve Wright talking about George Gently, saying how important it was to him tio have the period research accurate. Don't think Martin Shaw is on Soul Source.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The makers may regret any link to the Supremes. There'll be no shortage of continuity advisers and detail research analysis available. Had to smile yesterday, was painting outside all day and had radio 2 on in the background. Martin Shaw was on Steve Wright talking about George Gently, saying how important it was to him tio have the period research accurate. Don't think Martin Shaw is on Soul Source.

Tedious connection - Martin Shaw,the Professionals,George Gently - policeman.

Edited by KevH
Social source share

Guest manusf3a

Missed the original showing ,like Pete had never even heard of it,wont make the mistake this time,iits a must see just from the tailer,Iknow trailers can be misleading but I will take the risk with this one,cant wait to see the whole film!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!