Request: Bbc Radio, Stuart Maconie, All Singing, All Dancing All Night

Jhsoulnotts

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

PM'd you. These shows were excellent. Until I heard them, I wasn't really aware the scene was still vibrant with new records still being discovered. Remember, Ady being a guest and being blown away when he played Terry Callier - Look At Me Now , Lorraine Chandler - You Only Live Twice, Ben E King - Getting To Me, Maxine Brown - Torture and not forgetting the fantastic Carla Thomas- I'll Never Stop Lovin You- how's that for a bunch of not heard before tunes? Hope something turns up online but if not I do have an archive of these shows but not in an electronic format at present. I do have MP3 clips of Ady relating the story about how he came across the Ben E King acetate in the West End, playing the track followed by the best cut of Lorraine Chandler - You Only Live Twice and Richard Searling introducing and playing Kenny Lewis - Not The Marrying Kind which are both great and if it's legit to share them eg on soundcloud and someone can upload them, please let me know and I'll PM them the MP3's.

ATB

Mike

Edited by autumnstoned
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!