Aristocrats Organisation

Jaco

Just looking through Popsike and "Don't go" on Rondo is shown as having been sold in July this year for $11,750 making it the second highest priced Northern record in their listing.

I know it's a funk think but is this some form of holy grail track?

Details suggest one bid only!!

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Just looking through Popsike and "Don't go" on Rondo is shown as having been sold in July this year for $11,750 making it the second highest priced Northern record in their listing.

I know it's a funk think but is this some form of holy grail track?

Details suggest one bid only!!

This (funk record) was reissued on stones throw a while ago, with the whole story of the group, etc., it used to be online. There was one only known copy at least a few years ago, it came from Texas dealer David Foreman's list. This copy wasn't bid up to $11,000, the seller put a starting bid of $11,750 which is ridiculous but which got a legitimate bid. None of the actual Aristocrats (e.g. who have another record on Rondo) had anything to do with this 45, supposedly it was just extra material the band did in the studio in the same session after the recording of the first single was done.

Social source share

Not "proper" Northern by any stretch but do kinda like Satisfied by Soul Inc. on Rondo, apparently the theme tune to some movie - Duffy - have never seen come up on Cable

Thought story on the first Aristocrats was Jeff Silverman here in NY got hold of it, maybe from TX as Boba says, then it changed hands twice before ending up w Ian in the UK, that one's not super clean like the recent ebay one, then the reissue came off studio tapes not from another copy

Social source share

Thought story on the first Aristocrats was Jeff Silverman here in NY got hold of it, maybe from TX as Boba says, then it changed hands twice before ending up w Ian in the UK, that one's not super clean like the recent ebay one, then the reissue came off studio tapes not from another copy

Jeff indeed won it from Dave Foreman's auction in 2000 mike and traded it pretty quickly to notorious record shark glen bivens, i arrived in NY shortly after to stay with glen and managed to get it out of him before i left (doubles of salt on choctaw and soul generals doing the trick as i remember), the reissue actually came direct from the mastered recording on sister funk as i didnt feel comfortable sending the 45 to the states, can you blame me?! egon as it turns out knew about the recent copy years ago but the seller was a hardened local collector who really had no desire to sell it until forced to for financial reasons, i had dreams of 'minting up' when he originally priced it at $7999 but he got cold feet and relisted it at $11750 a few months later so i decided to step aside :(

Social source share

That seller used to be active on ebay like 10 years ago and I remember buying from him a lot, but he stopped selling. I remember when vanguards "good times bad times" was super in demand. He sold two copies, one of them had a ripple warp going across the whole record, it was ridiculous, I think it still went for $2k at the time.

Social source share

I saw records by this group in SW OH/KY back many years ago. However, it's probably the other one I saw. I auditioned several Rondo 45s and didn't really like any of them, but I ended up buying a few then and later on.

there are a few actual soul records on Rondo. Bobby Lanz and the Celtics (white though), both Aristocrats 45s, the Chattanooga Coachmen, Roosevelt and the Seven C's, and at least one more thing I can't think of. There are also a bunch of soulish garage 45s.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert