• Replies 21
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Ste Brazil

The red one is the first stock copy. The re-issue or bootleg is on a blue version of the later 'chrome' type Turbo label.

Is the blue one a boot, i was told it was just a later issue??

Ste.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

thanks for the advice ranting_1.gif

i wanted a cheap one to play at home, but thought there was a proper reissue (i thought there was a "photostat pressing" of the original - and the other colour label was a reissue) i obviously don't want a boot - might as well just burn a cd!

obviously not as simple as i thought whistling.gif

so it's the blue one i want then?

Edited by woolie mark
Social source share

thanks for the advice ranting_1.gif

i wanted a cheap one to play at home, but thought there was a proper reissue (i thought there was a "photostat pressing" of the original - and the other colour label was a reissue) i obviously don't want a boot - might as well just burn a cd!

obviously not as simple as i thought whistling.gif

Why not a boot, sounds the same as the original!

I think the blue one is a definite legit reissue from All Platinum, on the label it says Platinum record Co 1976 so they obviously pressed it themselves.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

just personal thing pete - don't ask me to rationalise it, i'm a collector (ie: ocd)

is there an album?

Social source share

I think the blue one is a definite legit reissue from All Platinum, on the label it says Platinum record Co 1976 so they obviously pressed it themselves.

========

save up and get a nice red one ,looks so much nicer!!!

blue ones are very tinny...imo

still a great oldie..

Social source share

...You could buy a copy of 'Funky Eight Corners' by Willie and the MIghty Magnificents on All Platiunum they were a Turbo house band working with the notorious Sylvia Robinson. The song is very similar to Ton of Dynamite and arguably is a different studio mix from the same sesssion. Frankie 'Hollywood' Crocker was a big New York DJ of the era who was in fact a front man for the track and then nicknamed the Love Man.

Cheaper solution if you want an original

Social source share

========

save up and get a nice red one ,looks so much nicer!!!

blue ones are very tinny...imo

still a great oldie..

At £300 a pop,he`ll have to loadsa` saving.... :thumbsup:
Social source share

The red one is the first stock copy. The re-issue or bootleg is on a blue version of the later 'chrome' type Turbo label.

What about the WHITE & BLACK (fake demo) bootleg? The blue one isn`t a bootleg-it`s a second issue. The red,white and black one (as you say) is the original! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

...You could buy a copy of 'Funky Eight Corners' by Willie and the MIghty Magnificents on All Platiunum they were a Turbo house band working with the notorious Sylvia Robinson. The song is very similar to Ton of Dynamite and arguably is a different studio mix from the same sesssion. Frankie 'Hollywood' Crocker was a big New York DJ of the era who was in fact a front man for the track and then nicknamed the Love Man.

top tip! will check that out

cheers :thumbsup:

Hi,

Got a blue label copy for sale in nice condition, £15 including postage. PM me if interested.

Alan

thanks alan, but already got one.....so if anyone else wants this one?

Social source share

top tip! will check that out

cheers :D

I'd vouch for this. Funky 8 corners is virtually the same record as Frankie Crocker, and for £25 for an orig it makes sense to get get it while you can. The 'A' side is a bit of a "party" version with vocal shouts and laughter which is mixed way too high, but the flip is the instrumental Frankie Crocker deal. :D

Jordi

Social source share

I spy for BBC 2 :D

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

That looks like this

YEP YOU GOT IT! THAT`S The Bootleg!!!

As was mentioned earlier......

The blue,black and white ones are the 2nd issues.

The ORIGINAL is the Red White and black label.

But the one shown in your piccie is definitely the boot!!!

Edited by The Soul Intention
Social source share