The Temptations - Forever In My Heart. Never Released?

Lambrettagp200

I've got this track on a cd someone gave me & fell in love with it!!

However, it seems it was never released on vinyl in any format!!

Unbelieveable that Motown never did if true - as good as anything they released in my opinion.

But some comments on youtube talk about dancing to it at a soul venues!?!?

Could this gem be hidden away on a foreign ep or album, or am i clutching at straws so to speak??

Any help would be appreciated.

Social source share

They finally put it out on This Is Northern Soul, a fantastic double cd containing stacks of then unissued Motown dancers. We previously all knew it as Come On Back To Me Baby though. It might have been on that bootleg Motown lp that came out in the 80's.

p.s. that version on the cd is an alternate take which isn't as good as the faster take that was played out

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

Yes anyone who wanted it had to get themselves an acetate cut.

This track is on one of Chalky's Stafford Pocasts titled " Dave Withers tracks 1982 " and also includes several others from the This Is Northern Soul CD . Do you know if Dave Withers got access to a motown master tape/s or acquired studio acetates? Would be interesting knowing the story behind these unissued motown tracks.

Edited by autumnstoned
Social source share

The track originally came from fellow member Robb K who whilst compiling two LPs from the Motown Vaults recorded what he was hearing. Rod Shard on a trip stateside whilst at Robb's heard these and a copy of the tapes was soon on its way over here. All the tracks originally played on the scene were done from these tapes. First played over here by Dve Withers. The original acetate came along later.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Right!!! It's all becoming clear to me now!!

I would still like to hear this track on vinyl & have a copy for myself.

Guess it would be hard to track down nowadays?

Might just put a request up in the "want" section now.

First time i've ever wanted to buy a boot on purpose!!!

Get an acetate cut at Timmion?

Social source share

Right!!! It's all becoming clear to me now!!

I would still like to hear this track on vinyl & have a copy for myself.

Guess it would be hard to track down nowadays?

Might just put a request up in the "want" section now.

First time i've ever wanted to buy a boot on purpose!!!

Someone mentioned earlier, there is an actual vinyl boot of it on a Gordy demo lookalike, that was done in the 90's

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks again folks, all info appreciated.

Ted - seen your post mate, but I shudder to think what that would cost mate & whether it was for sale?!?

Chalky - great idea, never though of that tbh. Guess I should google "Timmion" & contact them?

Do they do the whole job - you just tell them what you want?

What kind of money does this cost?

Finally, if & I say if, I played this out at a venue, would I rightly be slated for it?

Would it be acceptable at an ovo event or would that be taking the p#ss?

Social source share

The track originally came from fellow member Robb K who whilst compiling two LPs from the Motown Vaults recorded what he was hearing. Rod Shard on a trip stateside whilst at Robb's heard these and a copy of the tapes was soon on its way over here. All the tracks originally played on the scene were done from these tapes. First played over here by Dave Withers. The original acetate came along later.

Tom DePierro and I found a Jobete Music Acetate which was titled: "Come On Back To Me Baby". I have seen it listed as "Come On Back To Me Baby (Forever In My Heat)" and simply, "Forever In My Heart". It was one of those Jobete Music songs with several working titles.

Social source share

If you don't end up finding a 45, it's available on 2 CD's- "This Is Northern Soul Volume 1" on Debutante and

on "You've Got To Earn It" by the Temptations on the U.S. "Lost And Found " reissues from the late 90's.

On the "You've Got To Earn It " CD, the sound is much cleaner sounding.

And also on the Emperors of Soul CD Box Set

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!