Emmett Long?

Pat

• Replies 19
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Remember it coming out on the Function at the Junction, dvd/ cd boxset around 2000, the comp was done by Simon Hunt, that was the 1st time i my mates had heard it, many others also.....

A person i know played the track from the cd to Mr Wigan Himself who said " thats no good is it, its not northern soul" :huh: or words to that affect.... That comment makes me smile to this day....

An outstanding record for me....

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Remember it coming out on the Function at the Junction, dvd/ cd boxset around 2000, the comp was done by Simon Hunt, that was the 1st time i my mates had heard it, many others also.....

A person i know played the track from the cd to Mr Wigan Himself who said " thats no good is it, its not northern soul" :huh: or words to that affect.... That comment makes me smile to this day....

An outstanding record for me....

Hi Steve yes I remember doing the comp and was asked to put a few tracks down for this film i had mixed thought's about what to do so i thought sod it i'll put some of me fav tracks at the time I'd got a massive hangover and had , had a terrible weekend djing I'd played the royal esquires (before the big find) ,soul bros inc (teadrops) and the emit track and some others and had emptied the floor I even had a well known dj from Nottingham boo me .so i thought oh bollocks I'll stick them on anyway I'm trying to find a copie of the box set and c.d for Paula but can't find one oh well if it helped to expose a few thing's to the opened minded people I'm pleased about that .I may play it at skeggy in the rare room to see what happens best regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

I use to play it out in the 90,s I moved it on to Tim Brown around 1997-8 brilliant 45 very Atmospheric and haunting when played out loud can't remember where I picked it up from but I think it was off Rob Thomas

hi Ian yes I'm sure that Rob met the label owner or someone connected to the guy, i found three copies including mine in a Parisian flea market I'm sure they were three francs each or euros something like that .I didn't know it but it looked souliefyed so i took a risk.But i think Rob or tat's had the first ones see you soon mate Simon.

Social source share

Hi Steve yes I remember doing the comp and was asked to put a few tracks down for this film i had mixed thought's about what to do so i thought sod it i'll put some of me fav tracks at the time I'd got a massive hangover and had , had a terrible weekend djing I'd played the royal esquires (before the big find) ,soul bros inc (teadrops) and the emit track and some others and had emptied the floor I even had a well known dj from Nottingham boo me .so i thought oh bollocks I'll stick them on anyway I'm trying to find a copie of the box set and c.d for Paula but can't find one oh well if it helped to expose a few thing's to the opened minded people I'm pleased about that .I may play it at skeggy in the rare room to see what happens best regards Simon.

Nice tunes, really enjoyed that CD - thanks

Social source share

• 6 years later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!