Jackie Wilson "im The One To Do It" Does It Exist On Yellow Promo?

Guest Ivor Jones

Guest Ivor Jones

Hello all......Does anyone have a Yellow Brunswick promo copy of "Im The One To Do It" by Jackie Wilson....Ive been trying to complete a set of the Demos,[The ones i want anyway] but i`ve only seen a demo of the A Side [which has the same song both sides]....So i just wondered if this actually exists or is it only on the regular black Brunswick issue[uS]....Obviously, im aware it came out in other Countries but im asking specifically about the US original....

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance, Ivor

Social source share

Hello all......Does anyone have a Yellow Brunswick promo copy of "Im The One To Do It" by Jackie Wilson....Ive been trying to complete a set of the Demos,[The ones i want anyway] but i`ve only seen a demo of the A Side [which has the same song both sides]....So i just wondered if this actually exists or is it only on the regular black Brunswick issue[uS]....Obviously, im aware it came out in other Countries but im asking specifically about the US original....

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance, Ivor

Hi Ivor

I've got the yellow demo of "I'm The One" etc with "Higher & Higher" on the flip sorry but it's my own copy.

I do have a few spare JW demo's knockin' around let me know the one's your after?

Regards

Dave

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

I do the same Ivor and I've never seen a copy.

ROD

Well.......if you`ve never seen one Rod[and you`ll have seen a lot more than me,i`ll wager],then it probably doesnt exist.....I personally doubt it,but you never know i guess....Im just curious. Thanks for your reply Rod

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Hi Ivor

I've got the yellow demo of "I'm The One" etc with "Higher & Higher" on the flip sorry but it's my own copy.

I do have a few spare JW demo's knockin' around let me know the one's your after?

Regards

Dave

Well i never ! No sooner than i`d just typed my reply to Rod , then Dave confirms it !......Thats good news then,thanks Dave...

Thing is, Dave,thats the only one i do want...ive got all the others i wanted....So im looking for a mint demo of "Im The One To Do It" then...

Another query answered by SoulSource.

Thanks Dave ,

Best, Ivor

Social source share

Well i never ! No sooner than i`d just typed my reply to Rod , then Dave confirms it !......Thats good news then,thanks Dave...

Thing is, Dave,thats the only one i do want...ive got all the others i wanted....So im looking for a mint demo of "Im The One To Do It" then...

Another query answered by SoulSource.

Thanks Dave ,

Best, Ivor

Story of my life Ivor, I always seem to have the records people don't want :lol: I've got a Jackie Wilson "You Bought About A Change In Me " in but daren't offer it Rod in VG++ condition as I don't want him hitting me with a blue art deco fruit bowl :wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Another one that you seem to see as a double sided demo is "I get The Sweetest Feeling" and if you do find one with a flip it' a mis-press entitled "Nothing But Heartaches" instead of "Nothing But Blue Skies".

Dave

Yep......got one of them Dave

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

My I've Lost You demo is single sided. Im sure I have other's by him somewhere, found about 6 upto now.

When you say its single sided do you mean its got "Ive Lost You" on both sides ? If it is, mine`s the same.....

Social source share

Ah but Im pretty sure "I've lost you" does exist with both sides. "Chase is on" came out in both formats too and obv H+H now.

ROD

Yep Rod correctamundo, "I've Lost You/Those Heartaches" and the Artistic's "The Chase Is On (original version before Johnny Howard)/One Last Chance". Another tuffy is Marvin Smith's "Have More Time as you usually see demo's of "Time Stopped" On both sides.

Edited by Louise
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!