What's your favourite Temptation?

Citizen P

Ooops I mean who's??

I'm biased IMO The Temptations are/were the greatest vocal group EVER!

So who's your favourite??

Right from the Golden Years.

Obvious choices

David Ruffin

Eddie Kendricks

Paul Williams, surely one of the most underated,underused talents,listening to Last One Out is Brokenhearted... just slays me.

Dennis Edwards

Otis Williams

Ali Ollie Woodson

Richard Street

The list like the membership goes on and on.

My favourite is good old dependable Melvin Franklin, just love that big booming Bass underpinning all the soaring vocalising and harmonizing.. fantastic.

So lets hear folks for your top choice.

Power..boom boom

Power..boom boom boom

Power..boom boom

Love It

Tony

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Went to see the Temps at Wimbledon some 5 or so years ago. They were amazing and there was a little guy in the line up but boy could he sing. Not sure if his name was Richard Street.

Social source share

love em all TONYP but my top 3 has to be

DAVID

PAUL

EDDIE

have you got the new d.v.d ED SULLIVANS ROCK'N'ROLL CLASSICS-THE TEMPTATIONS& THE SUPREMES?

dont look back/september in the rain/youve made me so very happy/run away child/i cant get next to you/just my imagination

[come see about me/itching/im livin in shame/forever came today/no matter what sign you are/up the ladder]

if not start saving your pocket money NOW!

Social source share

All great and without a doubt THE Motown group. If I had to pick a fave lead then there's no contest, it's David Ruffin. The man had a voice that could melt your heart or make it soar, even after he left the group his solo work continued this trend. Fave track, oooooooooooh HARD! The unissued Angel Doll would be right up there but then some of the other stuff found in the vault is just as good. It's a credit to both him and the Temps together that you could easily pull out 30/40 tracks, all as good as each other.

Social source share

i went to see the temptations some time in the 70's possibly 75/76 got in free as my mate worked on the door at the free trade hall in manchester they were amazing they did 2 performances in one night one at about 6.30pm and one at about 8.30 stayed for both.

how many bands could or would do that now

memories fade but they did a lot of the 60's stuff as well as 70's

mark

Social source share

Guest biggray1

Hard Choice! me loves David Ruffin!probably in the top ten soul singers in the world! Richard Street is great and Eddie Kendricks can kick it with the best! Dennis Edwards is good and love Damon Harris!

post-1-1094895870_thumb.jpg

Social source share

Went to see the Temps at Wimbledon some 5 or so years ago. They were amazing and there was a little guy in the line up but boy could he sing. Not sure if his name was Richard Street.

Richard Street joined the Tempts along with Dennis Edwards to replace David Ruffin and Paul Williams. Richard Street was in the Monitors prior to the Temptations.

Saw the Ruffin/Kendricks/Edwards tour some years ago, awesome. Ruffin got up to some right tricks with the gear etc and wasn't long after he died/was killed.

Ruffin and Kendricks my faves, once Ruffin left it was the end as far as I'm concerned, it all started going down hill.

First Tempts single and one of my faves Loneliness Made Me Realise Its You That I Need.

Social source share

i went to see the temptations some time in the 70's possibly 75/76 got in free as my mate worked on the door at the free trade hall in manchester 

mark

Would that be when they appeared with The Miracles and Billy Griffin had just replaced Smokey??

If so ,I was at that one, went to Wigan after with a head full of magic and a copy of the program. Had to put up with Martyn Ellis taking every chance to tell me that the cover was a Masterpiece.

"That covers a Masterpiece Tony."

"Yes Martyn, I know."

"That covers a Masterpiece Tony"

"Yes Martyn ,I know"

"That covers a Masterpiece Tony"

"Yes Martyn,P*SS OFF"

Oh well that was Martyn

Cheers

Tony

Social source share

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET, GET THE TEMPS STORY ON DVD!!

IF YOU DONT SHED A TEAR OR TWO, ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK, AND START GOING TO PUNK ROCK NIGHTS. ITS A GREAT TRIBUTE.

THE LATEST TEMPS (NOT EVEN LABELLED A TRIBUTE BAND) ON THE ROUNDS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WEAR THE SUIT, EVEN WITH OTIS HANGING ON THE 'MIGHT APPEAR' CARD.

Social source share

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN IT YET, GET THE TEMPS STORY ON DVD!!

IF YOU DONT SHED A TEAR OR TWO, ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK, AND START GOING TO PUNK ROCK NIGHTS. ITS A GREAT TRIBUTE.

THE LATEST TEMPS (NOT EVEN LABELLED A TRIBUTE BAND) ON THE ROUNDS ARE NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO WEAR THE SUIT, EVEN WITH OTIS HANGING ON THE 'MIGHT APPEAR' CARD.

The Tempts Story is on Hallmark (or similiar channel) every now and then. I have it on video somewhere.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!