A Couple Of Nice Bits Just Acquired, Well I Like 'em

Just bought a few of nice bits at knock down prices. They're are bargains still out there.

Nancy Ames - I don't want to talk about it- South Africa CBS £40

nancy.jpg

Solomon King - This beautiful day UK Columbia £48

solomon.jpg

Bobby Patterson - My baby's coming back to me - Jetstar Demo £6

bobby.jpg

Billy Harner - Irresistible you - Kent Demo £6

billy.jpg

Fire away!! :-)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

The seller said 'Nice coloured vinyl' so I imagine is is Gold, I think it's because the sellers picture (above)

is taken with something dark underneith the record.

I have a Jetstar that is a brown & gold mottled finish, mixed batch of the two colours ?

will scan later. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sure this is/was a thread about bargains...if so, last week bort a copy of THE DELLS - THINKING ABOUT YOU - CADET DEMO VG+ for a fiver

Ooops, yes sorry Bri,

mines sort of on topic as it was cheap,

last post on this one just coz I promised a scan. :thumbsup:

post-17800-0-88051100-1349110899_thumb.j

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Would you consider the 'Bill Black' demo a bargain? Just not seen another and liked the look of it.

It's not a bargain but it's certainly a rare one, remember discussing it before on here and general opinion that it is scarce - but because there's no demand these days, still cheap.

I must have had half a dozen issues of Solomon King and I can honestly say I have never noticed that the title is extended, maybe I never looked at that side!

Levi Jackson has a track called Don't You Be A Sinner on the B side.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thank you Pete, I have had the Demo of Solomon King and it was definitely 'Say A Prayer' on the 'A'.

https://www.45cat.com/record/db8676

A little surprised that there isn't demand for the 'Little Queenie', still a floor filler even now in oldies clubs,

but I do see your point, I have seen normal UK copies go for pennies. Sometimes though, and I'm sure

you will agree, it's not only the record, but the look of the label that urges you to buy it, as was the case with this.

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Just bought a few of nice bits at knock down prices. They're are bargains still out there.

Nancy Ames - I don't want to talk about it- South Africa CBS £40

nancy.jpg

Solomon King - This beautiful day UK Columbia £48

solomon.jpg

Bobby Patterson - My baby's coming back to me - Jetstar Demo £6

bobby.jpg

Billy Harner - Irresistible you - Kent Demo £6

billy.jpg

Fire away!! :-)

HI STEVE,

SOME NICE OLD TUNES THERE AND FOR THE CONDITION NOT A BAD PRICE EITHER.

You say that these were bargains but how can that be when you have always considered a bargain anything less then a tenner!!!!!!

LOL.

ROY

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Bought today at local charity shop, Barnsley Hospice fund raisers.

50 P each, look a bit scuffed, cleaned up pretty well, play better than they look & was suprised :ohmy: no cracks & pops that are audiable above the music.

Played all 5 sides I got them for. :D

post-17800-0-29139100-1349275248_thumb.jpost-17800-0-25416000-1349275252_thumb.j

post-17800-0-26106600-1349275261_thumb.jpost-17800-0-42321400-1349275243_thumb.j

post-17800-0-13752300-1349275256_thumb.j

Social source share

I will up load a scan of this record, but not sure how to put it on the site any tips welcome.

S'easy. You need to upload it to an 'image hosting' site, there are many but the most popular is https://photobucket.com/

Just sign up, it's free. Then upload your photo. When you have uploaded it, there will be a link (URL) for the photo you want to use.

Copy that (ctrl+c) and when you come on here to put it on, there is a little icon on the tool bar that looks like a little TV screen,

Click on that and paste the link (ctrl+v) into the box, click 'OK' and bingo.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Steve Luigi
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Put your pic on so it's seen without opening link :thumbsup:

post-17800-0-33995000-1349436292_thumb.j

That's nice, not seen one before on Jamaican release. Not sure of the price though as it's a bit of an unknown entity. At a guestimate, depending on the condition from say £45 (G) to £130 (Mint). Like I say, just a guestimate though.

I take it that the side you have uploaded is the 'B' side as on the UK presses? If it is, what is the 'A' on your copy?

be interested to know??

Social source share

That's nice, not seen one before on Jamaican release. Not sure of the price though as it's a bit of an unknown entity. At a guestimate, depending on the condition from say £45 (G) to £130 (Mint). Like I say, just a guestimate though.

I take it that the side you have uploaded is the 'B' side as on the UK presses? If it is, what is the 'A' on your copy?

be interested to know??

It's not mine Steve, I opened up his link to show the image, the pic was posted by pk 22 dj. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Tony.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!