Have I Gone Off My Rocker?

I watch record prices closely from different sources because as a collector I want to get a bargain like anyone one else and want to selll at th best price without embarrasing myself.

We are suppopsed to be in an age of Austerity so where do these crazy overblown prices come from.

Ive wanted the site to have a section with a price range schedule to help buyers and sellers.

Anyhow

Tell me what price you think these two are worth

Dewey Jeffries - No-one cared

Don Gardner - Were gonna make it

My view of a reasonable price for these two (IN EX) is as follows DJ = £100 -£125

DG £150 - £200

So either agree with me or tell me Im off my rocker!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

:hatsoff2: HI ALL And a good question from "a fine young man" Mr Andrews and an excellent much needed resource, when I do a posting I try to give as much info artist title label my rating & value, it is this last point that I also get confused about, as rarity is not an indicator to vale or current cost, both TED & PETE Have pulled me up,(see GLEN MILLER), PETE SMITH had a good system when he wrote the BEATIN RYTHM UK 45 PRICE GUIDE, BASICALY he put a value next to a letter from the alphabet, so:-

A=£5-10, B=£10-15, C=£15-20, D=£20-30 & so on it's so easy to follow and it's all inclusive,, the fact a record is in the A or B group means it is relatively cheap or inexpensive, & definitely does not stand for crap, if this was applied to US records, BILLIE DAVIS STANKY would have been in the A column, & the VONETTES in the H GROUP, as a collective no way can an agreed price range zoom from A to J??

Also not relevant is the meaningless quote "a record value is down to the individual, and what they are prepared to pay"?

That's asking to mugged, if you are unaware of the guesstimate value, with titters in the background saying he's been STANKIED,

The market is always changing at the moment it's a buyers market, I suppose if the DJ/RECORD DEALER wants to get the money in, they will have to get back to a position of selling rare records such as NORTHERN SOUL :ohmy: WHAT SAYS YOU YOUNG SIR?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There was a bunch of the Dewey Jeffries records found a few years ago, they were going in the $125 -$150 range (80-100 quid). Collectors Frenzy shows a few for cheaper. I'd be surprised if the price went up that much. Before the find, the record was pretty tough to find.

Social source share

How many times are you gonna potentially ruin someone's sale. Again yesterday or the day before you commented about a price on someone's sales topic. It is in the sales guidelines that you don't comment on someone's topic yet you seem to be exempt from this.

But you then tell people that if they have a comment, to start a topic about it, which he has done.

Social source share

But you then tell people that if they have a comment, to start a topic about it, which he has done.

But Pete, I think it's only fair if someone is trying to sell something not to spoil it with comments about their suggested price. People will either buy the record or they won't and there's nothing to stop individuals pm-ing the seller with offers or thoughts if they think the seller has got it badly wrong. Stuff like going off the rocker sounds like there is a difinitive price for everything - there isn't. As the scene fractures and fragments doing prices becomes increasingly challenging.

Social source share

But Pete, I think it's only fair if someone is trying to sell something not to spoil it with comments about their suggested price. People will either buy the record or they won't and there's nothing to stop individuals pm-ing the seller with offers or thoughts if they think the seller has got it badly wrong. Stuff like going off the rocker sounds like there is a difinitive price for everything - there isn't. As the scene fractures and fragments doing prices becomes increasingly challenging.

In that case, someone's going to have to put up a rule saying that while a sale is active, nobody is allowed to comment on it, either on the sale topic or anywhere else on the site.

It's a discussion site, and discussion about record prices is a big part of it.

Social source share

He commented on the topic, not for the first time either. He makes comments on a regular basis about members sales prices.

Maybe he should become the sales Tsar, everyone run their sales prices past him for an ok?

Social source share

In that case, someone's going to have to put up a rule saying that while a sale is active, nobody is allowed to comment on it, either on the sale topic or anywhere else on the site.

It's a discussion site, and discussion about record prices is a big part of it.

It's all one way traffic though. I don't see anyone starting threads saying that a record offered for sale on here is ridiculously cheap. The rule there seems to be "good luck to the buyer".

Social source share

He commented on the topic, not for the first time either. He makes comments on a regular basis about members sales prices.

Maybe he should become the sales Tsar, everyone run their sales prices past him for an ok?

Yeah, and now he's made a new topic and you're still moaning at him.

Do we abide by Soul Source rules, or ones that you make up on the spot to suit yourself?

Social source share

It's all one way traffic though. I don't see anyone starting threads saying that a record offered for sale on here is ridiculously cheap. The rule there seems to be "good luck to the buyer".

You don't?

I do.

There's hundreds of comments saying "great price" or "bargain".

Social source share

I did notice Ernie's comment in the actual ad for that Dewey 45 and he and I discussed it. He opened a thread.

As Pete says to have some kinda bar on discussing prices is not on. It is a main topic of conversation and has been for past 40 odd years.

As long as ad isn't derailed by actually posting within it I can't see anything wrong here. The ad should solely be for "I want" and "I have"

As the mod I do notice posts in wants where to my mind things get talked up too. All subjective of course but one man's helpful info as to availability and price can be construed as talking up the record and maybe the buyer willl not get the 45 as cheap as he may have done before posters jumped into the ad.

Basically I think we're making a mountain out of a molehill here.

Social source share

To comment on the actual sales topic and then to open a separate topic discussing the price of said record, will do nothing but scupper the potential sale.

Why is his price more valid than the actual sellers price? Does he know of every sale, what's happening at soul nights and nighters, who is playing what et?, of course not so he can't take into account demand, what is selling and what isn't.

I know full well price is a major part of the scene but Ernie seems to have taken it on his own back to be some sort of price accessor on here commenting all too often about sellers prices.

Like I said the market will decide if a record is too expensive, if it is it won't sell.

Social source share

To comment on the actual sales topic and then to open a separate topic discussing the price of said record, will do nothing but scupper the potential sale.

Why is his price more valid than the actual sellers price? Does he know of every sale, what's happening at soul nights and nighters, who is playing what et?, of course not so he can't take into account demand, what is selling and what isn't.

I know full well price is a major part of the scene but Ernie seems to have taken it on his own back to be some sort of price accessor on here commenting all too often about sellers prices.

Like I said the market will decide if a record is too expensive, if it is it won't sell.

If the sellers price is fair then comments from other people shouldn't matter should they?

The site is about exchanging information and if someone tells me a record is available somewhere else at half the price that someone on here is selling it for, then the forum is doing it's job and it should be applauded not shouted down.

Social source share

Sounds like its getting personal from you Chalky-

Fact! I dont make comments on every record price their is! You seem to intimate I do.

I suggested a number of times about a price range forum that would take a lot of aspects into consideration so I was being constructive!

All you seem to do is have ago at me Chalky.

Yes I made a Comment on the DJ and Rod did give me a little nod re maybe it wasnt the right thing to do which I then edited even after a member on here actually liked my post!

I like the Beatin Rythm idea of letters and price range as IMO it will help the scene to be a bit more stable on prices rather than just flippant rises just because a well known DJ plays it or some other fly by night reason!

The title of the thread was to ask if Im really out of touch even though I spend alot of time researching prices through the usual channels.

Yes I did consider that starting a thread might have an effect on sales but thats what this site is for to ask/question etc.

example if Jackie Verdell Are you ready for this on Decca issue was on offer in sales at £20 do you think I would be asking about the price but if someone listed it @ £80 do you think everyone would just pass it by and make no comment! Im sorry to offend you but maybe I am the only one who does query prices then, but I think not!

If someone wants to pay £500 for a £100 regarded record then my comments are not going to stop the purchaser.

I could go on and on about this subject of pricing but I think other like minded persons will do the talking for me.

Chalky do me a favour - Go and have a look at Mellytee's words underneath any of her posts. Id be interested to hear your opinion on the statement!

Im now going to put my head in a Bin in Aberdeen :lol: :lol: :lol:

ATB Steve

Social source share

If the sellers price is fair then comments from other people shouldn't matter should they?

The site is about exchanging information and if someone tells me a record is available somewhere else at half the price that someone on here is selling it for, then the forum is doing it's job and it should be applauded not shouted down.

Yes they should but he's not putting buyers in the direction of one half the price is he? already been told he is off his rocker regarding one, now if he can give us a link to a Dewey Jeffries for sale right now at half the 250 quid it is advertised at then he won't be totally off his rocker.

What would happen if a sale is scupper end by someone spouting off about prices and he's priced wrong? Are they gonna offer compensation to the seller for f*cking up their sale? I somehow doubt it.

Social source share

Noting personal at all Steve, I would say the same about anyone doing the same. You just seem to be making a habit of commenting on prices sellers are quoting...and I didn't say every price.

Now if you are potentially saving someone 50% then fine but in most cases you simply are not saving anyone anything.

What I have said is my own personal opinion btw and nothing to do with site.

Social source share

Noting personal at all Steve, I would say the same about anyone doing the same. You just seem to be making a habit of commenting on prices sellers are quoting...and I didn't say every price.

Now if you are potentially saving someone 50% then fine but in most cases you simply are not saving anyone anything.

What I have said is my own personal opinion btw and nothing to do with site.

Actually Chalky I made a comment about another record and the seller contacted me and asked me why and I told him the record was priced wrong because he had got the price wrong associated with that label The seller admitted to me that the person he offered it to in wants said no thanks but after I had pointed out it was overpriced and why the seller than went back to the guy who wanted it and reduced it dramatically and To my knowledge the guy sold it and everyone was happy(He even PMd me to say thanks) so it works both ways Chalky. The reason I got involved with that one was because I had just bought a copy myself and couldnt understand why the seller was charging 4X what I had just paid for a record which was within value range of the price guides. If his original price was ok I would have gotten an incredible bargain but I know I didnt.

I may have made maybe 10-15 comments in the last 3-4 years so thats hardly a habit on thousands of records through the Sales section.

Just out of Curiosity!

In Last 12 months 2 listed on popsike sold for $148 (£100) and $110 (£75) for Dewey Jeffries

Edited by Ernie Andrews
Social source share

I think the dewey jeffries source has dried up so the price on this one is only going to go one way

I paid a tidy trade for the Don Gardner a few years ago and would not sell mine for what the seller is offering his copy for, as its a keeper.....

its a hard 45 to find full stop!!!

i know there was a copy on ebay that most missed this year that went for a low price ,someone got lucky probably mis listed...

& personally I dont think the seller is that far away, as always on this site prices seem to subject to negotiation anyway....................

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There was a Dewey Jeffries in 2005 for $870 and one in 2007 for $200. Just 5 in total on Popsike with the average price much more than $100 or so. It's ok quoting prices when there was some out there but history tells us when a source dries up the price goes up, Clara Hardy, Four Tracks etc etc.

There was a source as Flanny says that has since dried up, I've also seen them in boxes at nighters and know of them sold for around the 250 mark in recent times. If anything the price I've seen listed simply reflects the supply out there and if any consistency the price will only rise, particularly if it gets more attention from DJs and demand increases.

You shouldn't take Popsike as gospel either, there are other market indicators out there other than Popsike.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Agree.......if someone put up a mint DEL LARKS demo....for £5.....wouldn,t be to many negative remarks....til after it sold i,d wager :thumbsup:

Social source share

There was a Dewey Jeffries in 2005 for $870 and one in 2007 for $200. Just 5 in total on Popsike with the average price much more than $100 or so. It's ok quoting prices when there was some out there but history tells us when a source dries up the price goes up, Clara Hardy, Four Tracks etc etc.

There was a source as Flanny says that has since dried up, I've also seen them in boxes at nighters and know of them sold for around the 250 mark in recent times. If anything the price I've seen listed simply reflects the supply out there and if any consistency the price will only rise, particularly if it gets more attention from DJs and demand increases.

You shouldn't take Popsike as gospel either, there are other market indicators out there other than Popsike.

Yes agree Chalky I quoted Popsike because its the only one I can get access to off my work computer but I do look at lots of other sources and even discuss prices with people including record shops in the US and elswhere.i dont go to alot of Nighters so I dont see what records change hands for there but their again you cant take that as gospel as well as its not recorded. Most car dealer sellers have prices based on guides and the ordinary Joe adds a bit extra to reflect the private value from dealers buying value You wont find a car priced 3 or 4 times what the guides or even auctions say but that appears to be the case here. To me its a false evaluation. I spoke to others I know personally and asked why did you price that so high when its worth ? in the guide. Their Answer was " THought I would chance my arm" seeing as This DJ is playing it or it was on this list for that amount! I told them they were off their rockers! but in all seriousness this sort of selling distorts the whole scene in my view! But my view is just an opinion and like I said I love MellyTee's words under her posts about Opinions :) ! ATb Steve.

Social source share

When Tim Browns list goes out and he puts a biggie at a low price ..i always phone Rick up and tell him it's too low :ohmy:

Actually i don't ,but i did ask if he could wait until us honest workers got home before sending the list out, cos i keep missing em and a certain member keeps beating us all too em :yes:

At the end of the day ... imho ,,anyone with any sense should lock down their sales posts ..its the best way to stop interfering busy body's spoiling it :excl:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Yes agree Chalky I quoted Popsike because its the only one I can get access to off my work computer but I do look at lots of other sources and even discuss prices with people including record shops in the US and elswhere.i dont go to alot of Nighters so I dont see what records change hands for there but their again you cant take that as gospel as well as its not recorded. Most car dealer sellers have prices based on guides and the ordinary Joe adds a bit extra to reflect the private value from dealers buying value You wont find a car priced 3 or 4 times what the guides or even auctions say but that appears to be the case here. To me its a false evaluation. I spoke to others I know personally and asked why did you price that so high when its worth ? in the guide. Their Answer was " THought I would chance my arm" seeing as This DJ is playing it or it was on this list for that amount! I told them they were off their rockers! but in all seriousness this sort of selling distorts the whole scene in my view! But my view is just an opinion and like I said I love MellyTee's words under her posts about Opinions :) ! ATb Steve.

You can't compare records to cars, too many factors affect the price of a record, condition, demand, supply, what Dj is playing what etc etc. I also finds it strange you can't accept a price of a record traded between a dealer and a buyer in a venue. It is far more reflective of a true value than any popsike listing.

I don't think there is anything wrong with the price of the records in question, they certainly aren't 3 or 4 times their value, far from it.

You can normally tell when someone is chancing their arm but they are the minority, I don't think whoever is selling these two records in question is.

As for distorting the market, so is selling records cheap because a dealer can't afford to hold onto them, that is just as bad IMO and I know of other dealers who agree. When you've been around records for the years many of us have, and you know what is happening in the venues, then you are pretty clued up about prices and can take into account supply and demand.

As for what people put in their signature I don't really care and take no notice cause most don't live by what they say....I'm not implying mellytee doesn't though as I haven't read what is in her signature.

Social source share

:lol: I can't believe some of you think I am being vocal because I listed A DJ FOUR months ago for Andy Dyson. It either sold because someone was happy with the price or it didn't cause it was too expensive :thumbsup:

The only reason I said anything is for what I said in my first post, people commenting on peoples sales topics. The price someone lists a record for is nothing to do with anyone else, the market will decide.

Social source share

It just strikes me as common courtesy to not put salt in someone else's game when they are trying to sell records and need the money. Times are tough. If you don't like the price at least have the form to contact the seller directly if you feel the need instead of showing poor form & publicly trashing their pricing. There are overpriced (according to poopsike - which btw is a wildly inaccurate source to price definitively from) records strewn about the sales forum on a daily basis, sometimes you just gotta move on & let people try to do their thing. Maybe if someone does want the record bad then they will pay regardless of what someone else posts re. the price & then this whole topic is moot, but I kinda feel like it's not our place to risk tipping that line either way.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Things is too many look at records from the perspective of niters or what's happening on the UK Saga (50s +) northern scene.

It all changed, it's now all internet and global. I see plenty of sellers at niters not selling a bean, and yet previously unmovable records going overseas for a tidy sum. The old rules no longer apply beyond the obvious "trophy" records.

Edited by Steve G
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest john s

I also finds it strange you can't accept a price of a record traded between a dealer and a buyer in a venue. It is far more reflective of a true value than any popsike listing.

I must admit I find this hard to accept - surely popsike (and ebay generally) reflects the 'general' world of record buying and selling far more than the rather more rarified world of NS.

Although I have very little experience of buying records from dealers' boxes at venues, in general ebay/popsike prices are considerably lower (IN MY EXPERIENCE, OF COURSE). I remember one dealer saying about a record he had "I've had that for a while, thought it would have sold by now", well that's because it's twice the price it goes for online, maybe.

The same applies to many sales on here - a few days ago a record came up on here which I would have bought straightaway, had it not been priced at just under twice the price of the highest-priced copy on popsike, and three times the average price of the copies sold this year.

Several times I've seen 45s on here which are blatantly the same copies as bought on ebay a week or two earlier, then marked up immediately by 100% or more. Sometimes i've seen 45s for sale on here which are available elsewhere online at fraction of the price.

Obviously this doesn't apply to every seller on here, and I've been more that happy with a lot of purchases I've made from Soul Source, but some people do seem to take the piss! Maybe it's because they feel they have more invested in a record because they paid top dollar themselves....

Social source share

I don't disagree really John but eBay/Popsike the range in prices at times can be enormous and the dates from long ago and therefore not really relevant to the present day prices.

An auction can often be two lunatics with no common sense.

There's several dealers who have lived on what they have bought off ebay, a quick search can often locate a cheaper copy.

As for prices, there are overpriced records wherever you look, in boxes, on lists, on the Internet, on eBay. The same can be said on here but by the same token I've had plenty of bargains off here too, the expensive one if it is one I want I either ignore or try and negotiate a deal, if an agreement can't be reached I move on, I don't spout off on the sales topic it is overpriced, bad etiquette IMO.

Social source share

I don't disagree really John but eBay/Popsike the range in prices at times can be enormous and the dates from long ago and therefore not really relevant to the present day prices.

An auction can often be two lunatics with no common sense.

There's several dealers who have lived on what they have bought off ebay, a quick search can often locate a cheaper copy.

As for prices, there are overpriced records wherever you look, in boxes, on lists, on the Internet, on eBay. The same can be said on here but by the same token I've had plenty of bargains off here too, the expensive one if it is one I want I either ignore or try and negotiate a deal, if an agreement can't be reached I move on, I don't spout off on the sales topic it is overpriced, bad etiquette IMO.

I can hear an Echo!

Social source share

I think it's all down the buyer/seller. If someone gets a 45 cheap and knows it's worth a lot more than they paid, then obviously they will try to sell if for what it is really worth, isn't that the game?

I have had a few bargains over the past year or so, for instance a 'Patti and the Emblems US Orig' Demo, that I paid nearly nothing for and sold for what it was worth and the buyer was very happy. Anyone that doesn't do that must be 'Off their Rocker' surely??

I know it's not all about money, but it's a rare occurrence that you acquire a 45 for much less than it's worth, and in these days of 'trying to make ends meet' it's just something that you have to do.

Just my two penneth!! :-)

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

Surely if you open a topic on a 'discussion forum' and then leave that topic open, then anyone is entitled to discuss what they want within that topic (obviously within the bounds of legality/decency etc) either positive or negative? That's the point of a 'discussion forum' innit??!!

If you definitely want no discussion in the topic started, then just lock it. Easy!

Social source share

I actually think that commenting on prices is a good thing, if something is miles out it is worth saying so but then again it is just personal opinion.

I have had a sales thread where someone said the record I was selling was at a great price, then someone else piped up and said it was overpriced. The discussion continued after the record sold for the price I offered it at, all the discussion was immaterial as I offered it at the price I wanted to sell it for.

On the other side of the coin I commented on someone's sales when they said there were some errors, I pointed out in a jokey manner that not all the errors were corrected and highlighted a record that was priced at over 3 times what it was worth. Got a slagging for it but I bet nobody yet has paid £300 for finger popping woman :lol:

Lock sales or allow discussion, record prices are barking at the moment anyway.

Social source share

We should be allowed to say what we want....."Freedom of speech/ expression" :yes:

We should be allowed to sell for what we want......"Free Market" :thumbsup:

Here endeth the lesson... :D

... and look what a mess that has made of the country :wicked:

Fingers off the big red self destruct button... :ohmy: the NS scene operates in a slightly different microcosm, a race to the bottom will eventually put dealers out of business, and valuable resources and knowledge will be lost.

Edited by Jhsoulnotts
Social source share

... and look what a mess that has made of the country :wicked:

Fingers off the big red self destruct button... :ohmy: the NS scene operates in a slightly different microcosm, a race to the bottom will eventually put dealers out of business, and valuable resources and knowledge will be lost.

I'm assuming your refering to the "Free Market" ideology by your initial comment about the state of the country?

I'm sure it can't be about "Freedom of speech / expression" can it?!? Lol.

The "Free Market" is defined by "supply and demand".

It also promotes and help's drive a market, be it records or pork bellies!

Which ever side of the political see-saw you sit on "Free Market's" are used. Left or right. Capatilist or Communist!

The alternative is a "controlled market" which some things need I agree. But the selling of records surely don't. Or do they?? :g::lol:

When the rules are broke chaos reigns. Hence the mess our country and many others are in.

I doubt dealers will go out of business if they stay on their game. Being aware of what a current price really is on a record is part of a dealers job. It's part of anyones job who run their own record sales business. In fact it's their responsibility too to make sure they survive in any type of business.

In the end people will vote with their feet (or wallet as the case may be).

Doing the homework and getting it right will promote confidence in a buyer to return which will benefit everyone in the long run and keep the market moving in a positive way. Unrealistic prices help stop sales and in turn will make a market becoming stagnant. That, is what will put dealers out of business!

At the end of the day as I said...."We should be allowed to sell for what we want". That's what I believe. It's every individual's choice.

Whether we get it right or not is another thing though!

Edited by eddiep
Social source share

I'm assuming your refering to the "Free Market" ideology by your initial comment about the state of the country?

I'm sure it can't be about "Freedom of speech / expression" can it?!? Lol.

The "Free Market" is defined by "supply and demand".

It also promotes and help's drive a market, be it records or pork bellies!

Which ever side of the political see-saw you sit on "Free Market's" are used. Left or right. Capatilist or Communist!

The alternative is a "controlled market" which some things need I agree. But the selling of records surely don't. Or do they?? :g::lol:

When the rules are broke chaos reigns. Hence the mess our country and many others are in.

I doubt dealers will go out of business if they stay on their game. Being aware of what a current price really is on a record is part of a dealers job. It's part of anyones job who run their own record sales business. In fact it's their responsibility too to make sure they survive in any type of business.

In the end people will vote with their feet (or wallet as the case may be).

Doing the homework and getting it right will promote confidence in a buyer to return which will benefit everyone in the long run and keep the market moving in a positive way. Unrealistic prices help stop sales and in turn will make a market becoming stagnant. That, is what will put dealers out of business!

At the end of the day as I said...."We should be allowed to sell for what we want". That's what I believe. It's every individual's choice.

Whether we get it right or not is another thing though!

I didnt mean you in particlar Eddie :thumbsup: your lists are always interesting and well priced.

The free market usually means a race to the bottom, think pensions, think healthcare, think transport. The free market dictates that those who can do it cheaper get the business, hence no local shops and Asda/Tescos raking it in. Small dealers are your corner shops, ebay is your Tescos. If we all shop in Tesco's/Ebay becuase its cheaper, we loose the corner shops/dealers and ebay/tescos get bigger and richer. As soon as they get bigger richr the quality of the product s driven down in order to maintain business. Thats how the free market works. I dont mind taking a few pounds off a sports shop by getting my trainers cheaper on ebay, but that same action for vinyl could put some people out of business very quickly.

And dont get me started on "Free Speech" - that old chestnut only applies if your white, male and upperclass!

Edited by Jhsoulnotts
Social source share

I didnt mean you in particlar Eddie :thumbsup: your lists are always interesting and well priced.

The free market usually means a race to the bottom, think pensions, think healthcare, think transport. The free market dictates that those who can do it cheaper get the business, hence no local shops and Asda/Tescos raking it in. Small dealers are your corner shops, ebay is your Tescos. If we all shop in Tesco's/Ebay becuase its cheaper, we loose the corner shops/dealers and ebay/tescos get bigger and richer. As soon as they get bigger richr the quality of the product s driven down in order to maintain business. Thats how the free market works. I dont mind taking a few pounds off a sports shop by getting my trainers cheaper on ebay, but that same action for vinyl could put some people out of business very quickly.

And dont get me started on "Free Speech" - that old chestnut only applies if your white, male and upperclass!

Well said mate :thumbsup:

I do agree with you about the corner shop verses the big supermarkets thing. And I understand where your coming from in your comments.

I do see it slightly differently though when we talk about records.

The record market is really a luxury as opposed to a necessity and will always be a niche market. Especially as the format and people who buy them is slowly disappearing as time marches on. That's progress for ya I guess!

Rather than argue the merits or misfortunes of "The Free Market" I think we can agree it's here, always has been and always will be.

No getting away from that me thinks!

If the consumer can get a better deal they will. As you said yourself, whether for trainers off ebay or something else.

It's a human nature / necessity / survival of the fittest kinda thing.

Appreciate your kind words about my sales lists. And i haven't taken your comments personally about them BTW. :thumbsup:

I'm not a dealer, just a collector and sell to either fund another want or when money is needed elsewhere.

I try to be fair, give a good service and be honest. I also put a lot of effort into my sales page with recording the actual 45 and having it available on YouTube to be seen and heard.

As a result I hope the feedback I have received here and on ebay encourages a potential buyer to feel confident in buying from me. On top of which I couldn't be arsed to go through the hassle of trying to stitch someone up and the sending back and forth of mis-described 45. A pointless and fruitless excercise!

All said and done though...I sell them at the price I think they should be. My choice.

And anyone has the same right to do so.

Who buys from who for whatever reason is down to the buyer. Whether because of the price, service or that "must have" feeling that gets to us all at times! :yes:

Now if you would kindly view my sales today people after that blatant piece of self advertising.... :lol:

I still believe ....

We should be able to say what we want ........"Freedom of Speech / Expression"

We should be able to sell for what we want...."Free Market"

Cheers

:hatsoff2:

Edited by eddiep
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!