Blue Sharks On Lp

Agentsmith

please correct me if im wrong, but did i not see, for sale on here in the last 3 weeks approx a u.k. lp ( original 60's ) featuring "these things " by the blue sharks?...who was selling it and do they still have it? ive scanned at least 16 pages going back to the beginning of last month and i cant see it.

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

please correct me if im wrong, but did i not see, for sale on here in the last 3 weeks approx a u.k. lp ( original 60's ) featuring "these things " by the blue sharks?...who was selling it and do they still have it? ive scanned at least 16 pages going back to the beginning of last month and i cant see it.

Hi Mate

It was certainly the subject of a thread on here but not sure it was up for sale. There were some scans etc but think it was more of a discussion about the group. I could be wrong of course.

Social source share

The comp is it the one with each tracked h Dj that played it? Cartoon type cover with guy in a chair playing records, used to have it years ago.

Yes. "The Record Collector, Vol. 1" on Destiny, which also had Arin Demain,The Flirtations, Checkerboard Squares etc. I think it was reissued on CD with some extra tracks not on the LP.

The Plexium LP that it's on is (I think) one of these budget "Top Of The Pops" type LPs from 1971.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

thuoght i was right about the label ( plexium ), it has just recently been in sales, whoever was selling it wanted £35. honestly, you guys know more than me. didnt sound like it was a mfp type of album and i wouldnt have figured it was one of those totp albums either....sounded like a genuine u.k. issue. was discussing this with j.p. & ginger at the kings on saturday....the grand prix release is obviously a different kettle of fish, valuewise, i believe £350-400 for a copy...if it is a budget lp, surely it still has to be considered a genuine first release here as opposed to the soulgoldmine one?,...especially as in 1971 there wouldnt be any compilation under the banner of northern soul..technically speaking...the seller did state 60's lp though.

Social source share

I posted the link to the sale, post number 4. Bro I think the seller.

chalky,

is this actually an lp by the group, doing cover versions of other artists songs?, thats the way it reads to me....in other words, not a various artists comp, therefore, a GENUINE lp?.....im trying to get to the point that if you were to actually play it out, its the next best thing to having an original single.

Social source share

Its one of those "Whats it worth to you" singles, I payed £120 for mine about 5 years ago from an Italian bird that had it listed along with a load of film soundtrack albums eg: The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady etc. just listed under RECORDS. I think only myself and Dave Law had seen it and I won. :thumbup:

Ive seen it since for widely varying prices from £200 to over £600.

Social source share

chalky,

is this actually an lp by the group, doing cover versions of other artists songs?, thats the way it reads to me....in other words, not a various artists comp, therefore, a GENUINE lp?.....im trying to get to the point that if you were to actually play it out, its the next best thing to having an original single.

The LP is by Mike Morton Congregation.

Edited by Mick Holdsworth
Social source share

Its one of those "Whats it worth to you" singles, I payed £120 for mine about 5 years ago from an Italian bird that had it listed along with a load of film soundtrack albums eg: The Sound of Music, My Fair Lady etc. just listed under RECORDS. I think only myself and Dave Law had seen it and I won. :thumbup:

Ive seen it since for widely varying prices from £200 to over £600.

Steve,

Sell it and buy a decent 45 with the cash. :lol:

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Blue Sharks is an awfully difficult group to get info on. By all accounts they are from Belgian origin, recorded some singles and an album on the Star label in Belgium. Went to Italy and recorded there too. The Grand Prix singles were made mainly for jukeboxes they also recorded on the Leonardi label. They cut a couple of albums one on THS records. I have a photo of them, 4 blokes, 3 girls. Wonder where they are now ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!