Site Chaos - Wed 10 Oct 2012 - Server Move

Mike

Just so aware there be a server move on Wed 10 Oct - which means that from midnight there will be a change over period of 0- 24hrs (depending on your isp etc) where there will be an old (the old will be read only after midnight) and a new location of site

Need to do nothing apart from wait for the changes to filter thru to your pc

As said may take between 0-24hrs so may need to bear that in mind when doing stuff such as pms/posting sales on tuesday etc...

cheers

mike

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

last shout

from midnight the site atthis location will be read only

the site on the new server should automatically load once the settings filter thru to you via your isp etc

it can take 0-24 hrs, most time less but depends on various factors

Social source share

So we are now on the new site? I'm so thick I thought big bang was tonight - I guess mine must be working too then?

Peter

:thumbsup:

Yep, new site Peter

The old site had a banner saying this is the old site, posts etc posted here after midnight will not be transferred to the new site

Social source share

think its about 2/3rds on here now and a third still stuck on the old place

the company use uses a 24 hour refresh on this which is longer than most and a pain

in theory it should filter thru to all by 1am tonight the latest

the actual move seems to have gone ok

the only main issue so far is a character encoding one - messed up symbols showing in some places -which will sort when quiet

cheers

mike

Social source share

the actual move seems to have gone ok

the only main issue so far is a character encoding one - messed up symbols showing in some places -which will sort when quiet

cheers

mike

It all appears to have been fairly painless Mike. When we've had server changes and stuff at work it's all gone pear shaped - lots of time. Loads of down time and all sorts of bad stuff.

Nice one buddy.

Peter

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!