Little Tommy

Little Tommy Baby Can't You See on Sound Of Soul

Two of these up for auction within a couple of days of each other.

What's all that about then?

I think what happened is that two different sellers had a copy to sell and listed them within a couple of days of each other. Or they could have listed them at the same time but with different auction end times. That way when you look at ebay there are two copies for sale within a couple of days.

Social source share

Superb sound i have the free angela lp version which suits us slower cats . I stumbled on another 45 of his recentely which kim fuller was selling which to my taste was also exceptionally good. Missed it on ebay :(

His most common 45 (I don't know if this the one you wanted) is a nice deep soul cut called "I'm hurt". Little Tommy = Tyrone Thomas. He redid "I'm hurt" with the Whole Darn Family.

Social source share

I think what happened is that two different sellers had a copy to sell and listed them within a couple of days of each other. Or they could have listed them at the same time but with different auction end times. That way when you look at ebay there are two copies for sale within a couple of days.

Thanks for that literal explanation of the workings of an auction site Bob, that really clears things up for me . :thumbsup:

Did always think it was mega rare though, clearly I was wrong with that as my mate Giant points out.

Great, great tune anyways.

Aid.

Social source share

Thanks for that literal explanation of the workings of an auction site Bob, that really clears things up for me . :thumbsup:

Did always think it was mega rare though, clearly I was wrong with that as my mate Giant points out.

Great, great tune anyways.

Aid.

Well I honestly didn't see anything else special going on. Sorry to be a smartass.

Social source share

No worries Bob,

Turns out, maybe you were right :thumbsup:

Did you see that Magnetics Count The Days acetate going thought yesterday? Condition was a bit suspect to say the least, nice record though.

Aid.

yeah i saw someone (I assume the winner) post a pic of it on facebook just now. I don't know how many plays you can get out of that. you might be better off renting someone else's copy, you could get more plays.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

yeah i saw someone (I assume the winner) post a pic of it on facebook just now. I don't know how many plays you can get out of that. you might be better off renting someone else's copy, you could get more plays.

I was bidding on it (to sit on my wall as a slab of soul history), i went up to $300 then got outbid...Doh!! the record itself was almost unplayable :facepalm:

Social source share

Little Tommy has never been mega rare - just mega amazing! smile.png

maybe not for you lucky Brits, it was impossible to get and one of those "only dream about to once own" 45s back in the eighties and nineties over here for us. I must have won the first or at least one of the first copies that surfaced on ebay late nineties. still remember the seller being from richmond writing me a note that came with the record saying that he still lives around the corner from where that record was recorded yet this was the very first copy he ever saw/found. on a sad note the day I received it, actually while I had it on my decks for its first rounds I got a call from the then partner of an old friend of mine from my mod days and one of the first Hip City supporters informing me that he had just died from a diabetic shock :( strange how you sometimes end up with certain records always having that special connection. a sad one in this case :(

Social source share

one of them titles that were rare before the start of ebay. todays price is only justified by the demand for this indeed great 45, not by the quantity/rarity must have been hundreds through ebay during the last 15 years ?

yes you right there's been loads on ebay not that rare imo' but good tune.

Social source share

The seller (count769) of the one that just ended on eBay at $777 (but reserve not met) seems to do that with a lot of good records. If you look through his completed items there are loads with reserve not met.

I was high bidder on a copy of The Phonetics - Pretty Girl with him but the reserve was not met. He then bombarded me with emails trying to sell it to me at silly prices. He is still listing it every so often, either at a silly price BIN or with a reserve that won't be met. :g:

I wonder if he has got sellers disease - where you can't sell a record in case you might get a better price for it next week.

Social source share

The seller (count769) of the one that just ended on eBay at $777 (but reserve not met) seems to do that with a lot of good records. If you look through his completed items there are loads with reserve not met.

I was high bidder on a copy of The Phonetics - Pretty Girl with him but the reserve was not met. He then bombarded me with emails trying to sell it to me at silly prices. He is still listing it every so often, either at a silly price BIN or with a reserve that won't be met. :g:

I wonder if he has got sellers disease - where you can't sell a record in case you might get a better price for it next week.

that is "the count". he is a notorious record dealer figure. his attitude toward dealing records doesn't result in many sales. here is a pic and some background info:

https://waxidermy.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=37937

Social source share

that is "the count". he is a notorious record dealer figure. his attitude toward dealing records doesn't result in many sales. here is a pic and some background info:

https://waxidermy.com...php?f=3&t=37937

Mmm... interesting sartorial option :ohmy:

That forum looks quite interesting too, I noticed someone describing themselves as "Soul Source Migrant" :lol:

Edited by paultp
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!