Request for info - house for sale

Mike

often get a bit of a mix up with people using the "contact us" to post

here's one

always thought there were 2 different version of this, so if got full details feel free to add to answer

jane submitted the following Information:

Email

Location north east england

Comments

went to a northern soul event on new years eve and heard a song with the chorus " there's a house for sale and you can move in right away" but dont know anything about the track except that I loved it. I know this mails a bit vague (bit like myself really) but if anyone can help that would be great. Many thanx Janio

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

often get  a bit of a mix up with people using the "contact us" to post

here's one

always thought there were 2 different version of this, so if got full details feel free to add to answer

Email

Comments

went to a northern soul event on new years eve and heard a song with the chorus " there's a house for sale and you can move in right away" but dont know anything about the track except that I loved it.  I know this mails a bit vague (bit like myself really) but if anyone can help that would be great.  Many thanx Janio

Millie Jackson - 'House For Sale', I'd have thought (?)

Social source share

Absolutely right....House for Sale- from the 1976 LP "Free and in love"

Released as a 7" on Spring records and is still available at about £ 8-10, It was the last time I saw it !!

Have a Gorilla !!

Social source share

a almost dead brain cell mutters something bout used to be two versions, one with a "almost stars on 45" style backing, beat to the front

to be honest can't remeber which was which when hear it nowadays

theres also a slow version by (I think) first choice on one of their flips

any other versions?

mike

Social source share

a almost dead brain cell mutters something bout used to be two versions, one  with a "almost stars on 45" style backing, beat to the front

to be honest can't remeber which was which when hear it nowadays

theres also a slow version by  (I think) first choice on one of their flips

any other versions?

mike

First Choice did do a version on their LP I think and Connie Laverne also recorded a track House For Sale, not sure if one and the same tho'.

Social source share

Defently Millie Jackson, got to be one of the one of Cleethorpes top tunes and one i must of heard 1000s of times & still not fed up, of Also love, Love Doctor by her

Social source share

Email

Comments

went to a northern soul event on new years eve and heard a song with the chorus " there's a house for sale and you can move in right away" but dont know anything about the track except that I loved it. I know this mails a bit vague (bit like myself really) but if anyone can help that would be great. Many thanx Janio

Hopefully Janio got your answer

and all is no longer vague:)

if need best place to get cd mentioned shout up and sure someone will recommend somewhere

hope forum helped

mike

Social source share

Went to see Millie Jackson about 1980/81 and we shouted out for her to sing this and My Man A Sweet Man and boy did she get pissed off!!!!

She into her heavy rapping, long monologues and sex stuff at the time and didnt appreciate us requesting " that crap "

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!