Are Ebay Listening To Sellers At Last?

For too long it has been the case on ebay, that buyers can give bad sellers negative feedback, but sellers

can't give bad buyers the same, leaving the rip off merchants who send back different items or say that they haven't recieved an item at all, free to do it again to other unsuspecting sellers.

Is this about to change?

I have just left feedback for a buyer on ebay and noticed a new feature in the feedback area.

There is now a new button saying 'Report this buyer' When you click on it it gives you 4 options, i.e

'The buyer was unreasonable, The buyer tried to breach ebay rules, The buyer made unreasonable requests', and one other that I can't remember.

I don't know what will happen if you do report a buyer using this method, but at least it gives sellers a chance to let ebay at least know that there are some unreasonable buyers using ebay.

Still not as effective as being able to leave neg feedback for a buyer, but a little closer.

Are ebay taking note??

Edited by Steve Luigi
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

nope! I used that recently, it made no difference..you still cant leave a buyer feedback if he rips you and all that happens is you are referred to a long list of pre-ordained questions that dont suit your issue. go round in circles fro a few week with no end product..its designed to look more buyer friendly but it aint.

I sold a pack of 45's all in decent nick to a guy, he said they were all unplayable, so I said return them. Never got them back despite buyer saying he hadnt sent them recorded so couldnt prove he'd sent them..I refused to refund so was left negative feedback..same old same old, my old mate..despite two appeals to ebay never had a reply. All you can do is add a note to the feedback.

Social source share

I sold a Record 3 weeks ago and sent it in advance in good faith - ( Idiot !! ) The buyer has not been in touch at all with any kind of message. E-Mailed and raised an incident and still nothing. Learned a hard lesson me thinks !!!

Would love to leave negative feedback about this user but like most places these days its almost impossible !!

Social source share

I don't think e-bay will ever change. I bought a buy it now about a month ago. The next day I received a refund from the seller saying the

price was "due to an error in his data base". I contacted e-bay who told me they can't force anyone to sell something but that I should leave

negative feedback for the seller.

I did and the next day they removed the negative feedback .

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!