Couple Of Nice Tunes - Feedback Welcome

Had these two for a number of years sitting on one of the shelves and just wondering if anyone knows anything about them....... The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown CTN 4030 - I'm sure this is listed in one of the price guides, a really nice but little messy in places male group record that takes a couple of plays but has that something extra.....anyone know if it's been played anywhere?

The International Five - I Need You - Starway - ST-110 - This is a nice little record again not sure if it's been played out anywhere, not rare but another quality track, needs a few spins i think......comments and feedback welcome.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

got my copy of the international five mid 80ts from george sharp for the princely sum of £0.00 :ohmy:

yep thats it threw it in for free, have to get it out and give it a spin, seem to remeber liking the other side more, think it was so in love wiyh you.

:thumbsup: phil

Dig it out Phil, needs a spin i think...lol

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Had these two for a number of years sitting on one of the shelves and just wondering if anyone knows anything about them....... The Uptowners - Such A Love - Captown CTN 4030 - I'm sure this is listed in one of the price guides, a really nice but little messy in places male group record that takes a couple of plays but has that something extra.....anyone know if it's been played anywhere?

The International Five - I Need You - Starway - ST-110 - This is a nice little record again not sure if it's been played out anywhere, not rare but another quality track, needs a few spins i think......comments and feedback welcome.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark,

International five nice tune remember Mr Goucher (the man has taste) tipping this in a old LMR saying how records like this should be played as your walking into a club, or something like that anyway nice inexpensive groul sound,love the understated organ and cool group harmonies and on a nice yellow label if i remember.

:thumbsup: ANDY MANN

Social source share

Hi Mark,

International five nice tune remember Mr Goucher (the man has taste) tipping this in a old LMR saying how records like this should be played as your walking into a club, or something like that anyway nice inexpensive groul sound,love the understated organ and cool group harmonies and on a nice yellow label if i remember.

:thumbsup: ANDY MANN

Hi Andy, Yes nice yellow label mate, i've asked around on this and those who know it seem to rate it, needs a few plays and would i'm sure become a popular tune.......thanks for your comments.

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

The International Five - I Need You - Starway - ST-110 - This is a nice little record again not sure if it's been played out anywhere, not rare but another quality track, needs a few spins i think......

"I Need You" is a decent pounding tune indeed. The flipside, "So In Love With You", is the better side in my opinion though. :thumbsup: Not an easy 45 to find but seems quite unknown so still in the £25-£40 region price wise.

By the way, I have a very nice two-part instrumental by Skip August called "Shindig USA" on the TeeVee label. Skip wrote "I Need You". Wasn't there some Skip August 45s on Starway as well?

Edited by Sebastian
Social source share

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Hi Mark

Uptowners is listed in Mr Manships ROR so probably worth about million pounds :unsure:

I'd say about £200

Dazz

Social source share

"I Need You" is a decent pounding tune indeed. The flipside, "So In Love With You", is the better side in my opinion though. :unsure: Not an easy 45 to find but seems quite unknown so still in the £25-£40 region price wise.

Totally agree Sebastian "SO IN LOVE WITH LOVE" is the side and the side i thought we were talking about on this thread must pay attention.

:) ANDY MANN

By the way, I have a very nice two-part instrumental by Skip August called "Shindig USA" on the TeeVee label. Skip wrote "I Need You". Wasn't there some Skip August 45s on Starway as well?

Social source share

Hi Andy, Yes nice yellow label mate, i've asked around on this and those who know it seem to rate it, needs a few plays and would i'm sure become a popular tune.......thanks for your comments.

Mark Bicknell.

Why dont you get behind it Mark :unsure:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert