News: 30 Years of Kent Northern Soul

Chalky

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

30 Years, a fantastic achievement. I’ve have the full set of LP’s and what an impressive body of work they are. Love Ian Clark’s quirky artwork on some of the early releases. Looking forward to the PARTY on the !st November with Darrow Fletcher.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Got the CD in Head Records in Leamington on Thursday - great selection, thanks Ady and Kent.

For some reason the CD track names wouldn't download; I've typed them all in meaning to upload to Gracenote but for some reason it won't let me do that either. Obviously the internet's working, otherwise I wouldn't be posting this message. If anyone has tips I can maybe send the track names later (or is it just a blip for me and everyone else can get them anyway?).

Social source share

There was only the one that I saw. I'd been planning to order it online for £11 and Head was the same price so I bought it there. I didn't ask if they had more stock so no idea if it will have ben replaced.

thanks will pop over on the bus :) it has a good selection so im bound to find something to buy.a pity there isnt a decent record shop here
Social source share

Kent, in my opinion, is the greatest soul label ever. If you had all or even half of their back catalogue, you would never need to buy another record or cd, you'd be set up for life. Congratulations to all at Kent for the fantastic releases and taking the quality of the accompanying booklets to another level.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!