Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

j j barnes / chains of love

classic time , everyone report to the dancefloor :thumbup:

Gogger

Isn't "Baby Please Come Back Home" on t'other side?Same backing as "Chains" just different lyrics??Equally as good as "Chains" if memory serves me right,cracking double-sider.........if I've got it right :g:

I'm confused before I even go out......Empty Bottles for me tonight,Darrow Fletcher tomorrow night..........proper weekend :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

• Replies 806
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Gogger

Isn't "Baby Please Come Back Home" on t'other side?Same backing as "Chains" just different lyrics??Equally as good as "Chains" if memory serves me right,cracking double-sider.........if I've got it right :g:

I'm confused before I even go out......Empty Bottles for me tonight,Darrow Fletcher tomorrow night..........proper weekend :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

hi martyn title correct , but not same backing ,slightly slower tune but great double sider will post tomorrow ,have a good weekend , expecting first grandchild anytime now , so on standby in case any rush to hospital Edited by gogger
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

WOW!!!What a night at Empty Bottles last night.One of the best night's of the year for me,great mix of tunes & an electric atmosphere all in on of my favourite venues(small & seedy just like they used to be).One of those night's were everything just comes together perfectly.I had one of those night with the tunes been played,some I knew,some I had & most importantly some I didn't know but had to find out because they blew me away.Plenty of new wants to the list with Charlotta Tillman-Baby I'm Serious Jose been number one........everyone else seemed to know it but me(note to self....must start listening when I'm out :D )

Darrow Fletcher at The Wilton tonight & by reports of his performance at The 100 club it's gonna be another top night.....can't wait :thumbsup:

So today's outing is one that was played last night,a biggie for Robbo at the old Middleton nighters a few years back.

SCOTT BROS-THEY ALL CAME BACK TODDLIN TOWN

Social source share

Back from 1st visit to Rugby, great venue, nice people, some great music along the way too.... but heyho onto soulful sundays record of the day choice, and again its a great slice of uptempo, stompin, funkin disco soul, and a 2002 remix (and Danny Rampling favourite at the time) of what was already a great tune....

Barbara Roy with Ecstasy Passion & Pain - If you want me (jonnie polyester club mix) on Black Booty 12"

TURN THE VOLUME ALL THE WAY TO 11!

Edited by MrC
Social source share

AND although i'm breaking the one a day rule, i just got this so it doesnt count.....freakin brilliant!

freddie henchi & the soul setters- things are changing

Social source share

Still in recovery mode after two night's out on the trot (getting old is shit).Great to see the Wilton rammed again just like the old days,not 100% my type of music last night but spent most of the time catching up with some old faces I'd not seen in ages which made it a magical night.As I've said on here many times I'm not live act fan so I'm probably not the best to comment on Darrow but I thought he seemed really good & everyone else seemed pleased with his performance.

I'm feeling mellow today so thought this fitted my mood perfectly........

Jo Armstead - I'm Gonna Show You Giant

Edited by hullsoul
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Two brilliant takes of the same song both recorded by Coke Escovedo with the later being unreleased until recently. I love them both but I know which one I prefer the best.

Coke Escovedo - Make it sweet - Mercury

HE3 Project - Make it sweet - Family Groove

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Two brilliant takes of the same song both recorded by Coke Escovedo with the later being unreleased until recently. I love them both but I know which one I prefer the best.

Coke Escovedo - Make it sweet - Mercury

HE3 Project - Make it sweet - Family Groove

Gary

HE3 for me,think it's a lot better version.........might need my whistle,light stick & plastic sandals on to dance to it though :wink:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Absolutely love this bouncy little excuse from a guy to his other half, never fails to make me smile every time I hear it.

Reminds me of being a teenager, and pissed off because Pete Smith had a copy before I did!

Jay & The Americans - Got Hung Up Along The Way - United Artists

Social source share

Pure self indulgence from me, Sam Dees "Lonely for You Baby". (Pictured below) My uber cheap copy arrived today in with a batch of Doo Wop and R&B stuff.

The record plays well has scuff marks and only a couple of clicks.

Price paid for Sam Dees £0.47p :)

post-2354-0-32444300-1352725775_thumb.jp

Edited by jim g
  • Helpful 3
Social source share

Pure self indulgence from me, Sam Dees "Lonely for You Baby". (Pictured below) My uber cheap copy arrived today in with a batch of Doo Wop and R&B stuff.

The record plays well has scuff marks and only a couple of clicks.

Price paid for Sam Dees £0.47p :)

Jim

I'm jealous...........47 pounds would have been cheap.Top tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not posted for a few days - me lap top died! :(

I've been playing a lot of George Jackson at home recently - very, very under rated. This is from a CD - hope that's ok. Very simple record - but not lacking any soulful quality. Beautiful.

George Jackson - If I could Open My Heart

Peter

:thumbsup:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Andy

Bobby McClure for me,not sure about t'other one.

Cheers

Martyn

Is it coz it sez DISCO Martyn :sleep3: sadly missed Darrow on Saturday but just knackered after soul int sun although my mates attended i heard i missed a cracking night n Arthur Fenn n Boxy played crackin sets will catch up wi ya eventually been having problems with my phone posting up tunes will av to get to the bottom of it, catch ya later :hatsoff2:
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

A couple of tunes from me todayErnie Johnson

Disco music keep on going Rowan

Modern Soul _ Bobby McClure - You Bring Out The Love In Me-Island ( same as love affair tune

I can't stop loving you)

Absolutely love this tune. i played it when I was a guest on the Great Fraser Dunn's Soulful Allsorts the other week.

https://www.subcity.org/shows/soulfulallsorts/6012c/

gary

Social source share

Is it coz it sez DISCO Martyn :sleep3: sadly missed Darrow on Saturday but just knackered after soul int sun although my mates attended i heard i missed a cracking night n Arthur Fenn n Boxy played crackin sets will catch up wi ya eventually been having problems with my phone posting up tunes will av to get to the bottom of it, catch ya later :hatsoff2:

Andy

Young whipper-snapper like you been knackered.......lightweight :lol:

Yes you missed a good un,the night just had everything & that's even with the music not been my first choice.There was certainly some tasty stuff played & Arthur is still the "man".Loads of people I've not seen for ages & just seemed to be laughing all night.

We'll probably bump into each other by accident :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Jim

I'm jealous...........47 pounds would have been cheap.Top tune :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

I think it is the best buy I have ever had. It was hidden in a pile of Doo Wop & R&B on ebay, most of them are worth £5 to £20 some in not great condition (I wont sell) and got the lot for £12.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Always loved this from back in the day, and another record I seem to remember hearing in Darwen, played to me by Steve Fay at his house one day. He may have looked a bit like Freddy Mercury, but he could certainly pick a tune. Such a shame he died while still young, anyway, even if that is the wrong memory, it still reminds me of him!

The Babies - The Hand of Fate - Dunhill

Social source share