Soul Source Record Of The Day,(Some Say It's The Nights Drawing In?)Late Fall2012

dthedrug

• Replies 806
  • Views 25.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Barry - what is it?!! Please put title/artist reason for choice in a header post, then post the video link in a second post - it's for us poor saps at work behind a firewall who cant see the videos.

Ta very loads!

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Forgoten all about this one Martyn, nice one! used to have a copy of this but don't know where it went?

steve

Steve

Must admit when I saw the label on the You Tube file I thought that doesn't look like mine?Then remembered mines a white demo I think.........old age is taking old rather quickly :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Barry - what is it?!! Please put title/artist reason for choice in a header post, then post the video link in a second post - it's for us poor saps at work behind a firewall who cant see the videos.

Ta very loads!

Apologies.

Ray Munnings - It Could Happen To You on Tammi - just digging about at home and come across it really mate.

Social source share

Abit of Modern from me now , another fooker I sat on and broke (must take more care when I'm pissed and pretending to dj at home!!)

MICHEAL COOPER - STEPPING ON A LOVE SONG

Swifty

Makes a better cushion then it does dancer..........sorry couldn't resist :wicked:

Cheers

Martyn

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been digging around my spare room for stuff. I know I'm not as good as you guys with lesser known stuff - but this is good IMO. Oscar Perry - love the name Oscar, has some good stuff to his name - this is my favourite.

Main String - let's be having yer! Proper soul music this - don't it make you feel good, having someone to love you.

Peter

Edited by Peter99
  • Helpful 2
Social source share

Abit of Modern from me now , another fooker I sat on and broke (must take more care when I'm pissed and pretending to dj at home!!)

MICHEAL COOPER - STEPPING ON A LOVE SONG

Got this somewhere I think Pete - It's good. Mm, might have to retract that - could be on a cd. Nice though. You're taking records out like there's no tomorrow - I blew all mine up with the gas explosion. Why, did I bring that up - the flash backs will be back with a vengance!

:sweatingbullets: :sweatingbullets:

LOL

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Been digging around my spare room for stuff. I know I'm not as good as you guys with lesser known stuff - but this is good IMO. Oscar Perry - love the name Oscar, has some good stuff to his name - this is my favourite.

Main String - let's be having yer! Proper soul music this - don't it make you feel good, having someone to love you.

Peter

Peter

This always reminds of the late 70t's & The Ritz,Wigan?Great tune & very underplayed imo.

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

An all time favourite from me today, I know I posted it way back at the beginning of the 'record of the day' thread all those months ago, but hey! I love it, took me ages to find out what it was, then even longer to get one, and a nice replacement for my now cracked copy dropped through the door yesterday (Thanks Des!), so I just have to post it again!

Covered up as Doni Burdick "Clouds"

Peter Hamilton - Hey Girl on Jamie

Social source share

Awesome beat ballad from me today,this is one of those tunes that just hits me on so many levels.Definitely a tear in the eye,hairs on the back of the neck job for me.

Freddie Scott - Where Does Love Go Colpix

Nice choice Martyn, don't remember ever hearing it out anywhere.

Social source share

books at 100 but got one on ebay for 20 odd...vg+/label ex,minor surface noise no pops though music loud and clear

dean

Dean

If that's the one that was on e-bay a couple of weeks back I nearly had a punt on it myself as it was going cheap,hope it was as it was a good deal.Had mine awhile now & I'm still surprised how few people know it?

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

books at 100 but got one on ebay for 20 odd...vg+/label ex,minor surface noise no pops though music loud and clear

dean

worth every penny - and more!

Social source share

Dean

If that's the one that was on e-bay a couple of weeks back I nearly had a punt on it myself as it was going cheap,hope it was as it was a good deal.Had mine awhile now & I'm still surprised how few people know it?

Cheers

Martyn

yeah thats the one....as i said not the best sound but ok for playing out...also got jackie verdell are you ready for this for about £6...rev sammy lewis..uptempo gospel for same but no you tube clips...

and cheryl johnson-its not too late for $200 strong vg..looks worse than the others but plays better...minty went for $1900 not long back...all from the same seller so not a bad deal :-)

https://youtu.be/TZHen2uv2fw

you tube clip not mine

Social source share

yeah thats the one....as i said not the best sound but ok for playing out...also got jackie verdell are you ready for this for about £6...rev sammy lewis..uptempo gospel for same but no you tube clips...

and cheryl johnson-its not too late for $200 strong vg..looks worse than the others but plays better...minty went for $1900 not long back...all from the same seller so not a bad deal :-)

you tube clip not mine

Dean

Cheryl Johnson.....Tune!!!!!

Great deal,don't you just love it when a deal like that comes off,nice one :thumbsup:

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Been lots of talk about this on here in the past - was it a "ready made", origins etc. Whilst stuff like that is immensely interesting and I enjoy all the history I am a simple man - I like it or I don't. Another non obscure record - pretty cheap still I think £20ish. Fitted in well in the early 80's and still sounds goood to me. I think mine came from John Anderson. Anway.................lets have you on that dance floor carpet!

Cheryl Berdell Giving it all to You

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share