Could Someone Test Out New Record Site?

Pete S

• Replies 38
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Works fine on chrome Pete, looks good too. Can even get through the firewall at work to see it (although I do have to use 'quota time' I'm allowed 10 minutes!)

Nice one.

:thumbup:

Social source share

I've been fiddling out with my blogsite and I think I have successfully changed the format so that it now shows you a page full of label scans, which you then have to click to get the details - works ok on mine, could someone try it out for me and see if it's working on a pc please?

https://lostvinylgems...blogspot.co.uk/

Yep, it's working Pete. You do have to scroll down to view each scan but it isn't a problem and I think you would need to anyhow with so many on a single page. I would rather that than have less on a page and have to keep loading. Looks good too!

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Yep, it's working Pete. You do have to scroll down to view each scan but it isn't a problem and I think you would need to anyhow with so many on a single page. I would rather that than have less on a page and have to keep loading. Looks good too!

:thumbsup:

Could you just explain that - about having to scroll down to view each scan? When I see it I can see say 6 rows of records, click one of them and it opens up it's blog entry. To see more, I then have to scroll down.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Could you just explain that - about having to scroll down to view each scan? When I see it I can see say 6 rows of records, click one of them and it opens up it's blog entry. To see more, I then have to scroll down.

thats how it works for me to, then when you've opened the blog entry you can just click back or forward to go through them one at a time, or click off the blog entry to go back to the normal home page.

Social source share

Yep, sorry mate. I didn't mean that. I was referring to the other reply. What I meant is that you cannot see the entire page of scans without scrolling down a bit - which as I said is because there are so many on a page. it isn't a problem and its better than having to load page after page with a few scans on each.

Tis working Pete

Social source share

Anybody - You know on the left hand side at the top, there is something that says "flipcard", if you put the mouse over that does it give you some options, and do they actually work? Or is it just me who can use that?

That works too. Must be the black arts at work. LOL

Social source share

How does the 'Add a comment' bit work? I tried to add a comment but it needed me to select a profile. What's that?

When I selected Google Account as my profile and clicked Publish, it redirects me to the login page of my email account with Google.

Social source share

How does the 'Add a comment' bit work? I tried to add a comment but it needed me to select a profile. What's that?

When I selected Google Account as my profile and clicked Publish, it redirects me to the login page of my email account with Google.

I haven't a clue, honestly, maybe you have to have a google address?

Social source share

Yeah there's a dozen or so...one on Jon Gunn on Deram for example

Yes, I can see that now. Well, I'll keep trying. Must be doing something wrong at this end.

And now I've managed to leave a comment.

Thanks Pete.

Go take a look. It's regarding that Pye Demo with a dinkable centre.

Edited by denbo
Social source share

Yes, I can see that now. Well, I'll keep trying. Must be doing something wrong at this end.

And now I've managed to leave a comment.

Thanks Pete.

Go take a look. It's regarding that Pye Demo with a dinkable centre.

Yep that worked, and I replied, I'd like to see the comments made permanently visible instead of having to go into the entry to look for them

Social source share

Mm, well not exactly that word! :wicked::D

And Pete - it would be easy to read my post as being negative, it wasn't. When I read Sean's post I said blimey too. It was a great compliment from Mr Hampsey.

Peter :thumbsup:

No I didn't read it as negative at all mate, though if it had been, that would have been helpful too as I really did want people to tell me if it was better or worse than it was before

Social source share

I think it's a huge improvement, better laid out, quicker, easier to find what interests you the most etc.

Dont change it back for gods sake!

OK I'll leave it then, thanks Paul. There is a sub menu top right which pops up when the mouse is held over it allowing you to choose by label (label being ska/soul/pop etc)

Social source share

Google Accounts are not just for email. The one account gives you access to several sites and comment fields on blogs.

The profiles you are asked to select are different kinds of logins from different providers. It makes it possible to have username and password functions on blogs without hassle and it helps you keep control of all your logins by letting you login everywhere with the same account.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!