News: Eula Cooper Needs Your Help

Agent45

Yes she was Dave...and very beautiful too...although it really pains me to say that :D Delxxxxx

She certainly was Del. And also a humble and slightly shy person too, that had poise and came across as a classy lady.

The guys at Dig Deeper did good. (Again). Wish New York was a a bit nearer once a month! :(:thumbup:

Regards,

Dave

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Eula was spectacular at Prestatyn...got a picture taken with the lovely lady.......lets hope her circumstances change soon.......

Donation sent..... :thumbsup:

Social source share

As a close friend to eulu me and Mandy are sad to see such lovely person go through such hardship this time in her life her husband regie has just had a major cancer operation,so last thing she needs is the stress of losing her home to.

I have just spoken to her ,and told her I will do all I can to raise some money to help her through this rough period in her life

Firstly I running a rare soul night on Friday nov 23 in nottm details on events ,all proceeds on the night will go to the eula cooper fund

Raffles anything on the night to raise some money for her

I,m have a signed copy of eula,s try I,m going to donate to the fund

If Everyone could by a raffle ticket for £10.00 each email me or PayPal me @ trentsoul@ aol.com I will put your name on the back of the ticket and the draw will take place on fri 23 nov at the eula cooper fund raising night

I hope everyone will by a ticket and give back to a lady who has given us such joy over 35,years with her great records we have played and danced to

For more info on the night contact me on 07968030464

Or email me on trentsoul @aol.com

Mick h

Social source share

As a close friend to eulu me and Mandy are sad to see such lovely person go through such hardship this time in her life her husband regie has just had a major cancer operation,so last thing she needs is the stress of losing her home to.

I have just spoken to her ,and told her I will do all I can to raise some money to help her through this rough period in her life

Firstly I running a rare soul night on Friday nov 23 in nottm details on events ,all proceeds on the night will go to the eula cooper fund

If Everyone could by a raffle ticket for £10.00 each email me or PayPal me @ trentsoul@ aol.com I will put your name on the back of the ticket and the draw will take place on fri 23 nov at the eula cooper fund raising night

I hope everyone will by a ticket and give back to a lady who has given us such joy over 35,years with her great records we have played and danced to

Mick h

Hiya Mick, brilliant and the right way to go me thinks. I`ll do the same with the upcoming Hip City on Nov 10th and already told Eula so. We already changed the title of the night to "Support Eula Cooper". I will donate a percentage form the night and in addition we will also put up a spearate box where punters can put into for Eula as much as they want.

The feedback for that on facebook has been very good by our german punters and I am positive it will work out nicely.

There must be about 50 or a 100 events all across europe the next coming weekends. If half of them could do teh same I am pretty sure a nice sum could be raised.

Marc

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Mick h

Will do it as soon as I get home tonight XXX

• Helpful 1
Social source share

we will be selling our club's t-shirt on our night this weekend, with at least half the profits going to Eula's fundraising efforts. if anyone else would like to order one, please get in touch. I believe at the moment we have mostly size L-XL. the logo is my avatar to the left, printed on crisp white shirts. they are £15, postage paid.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Thanks Marc & Andreas,very much appreaciated ,and hopfully if fellow promotors could do a similer type of thing ,i,am sure we can all raise some much needed funds for her ,i will be talking to her on thursday and giving her a update of things we are doing for her,

don,t for get to tel people to buy a raffle ticket from me ,i will be at Bidds this sat selling them,also Buxton on Friday night

Mick H

Social source share

Moderation post: I erased posts about a hacked email account (really sorry that happened to you btw) that definitely has nothing to do with posting in a Eula Cooper donation thread. Feel free to start a thread about hacked accounts in freebasing. Thanks and sorry again you're dealing with this.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Krissii

Hi there Eula . Havnt managed to read whole thread due to my internet connection . Hope it all works out with your mortgage repayments . Good luck .

Social source share

just a update,on the raffle for a signed copy of Eula,s (Try) on trager i ,am raffleing for her fund,now this is a good cause as your well aware of but Raffle tickets are not selling fast :( ,so people please dig into that bit of plastic :yes: and not only are you doing a good deed ,but a chance to own a nice signed £300 record

so please pm me on here for raffle tickets,the draw takes place friday 23rd of this month at my rare soul night in nottm ,all proceeds on the night go to eula,s fund,

pretty please :yes:

Mick H :yes: :yes:

Social source share

just a update,on the raffle for a signed copy of Eula,s (Try) on trager i ,am raffleing for her fund,now this is a good cause as your well aware of but Raffle tickets are not selling fast :( ,so people please dig into that bit of plastic :yes: and not only are you doing a good deed ,but a chance to own a nice signed £300 record

so please pm me on here for raffle tickets,the draw takes place friday 23rd of this month at my rare soul night in nottm ,all proceeds on the night go to eula,s fund,

pretty please :yes:

Mick H :yes: :yes:

Mick

I'll have a bit of this £10 for a chance to get a £300 record and a great one at that and a very worthy cause..........must be the Yorkie in me........ :yes:

Edited by Dale
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

The below quoted message is from Eula Cooper.

I received almost $1,300 in donations, most of which came from overseas. On my birthday, November 5th, I was filling out bankruptcy papers, since I couldn't come up with the $8,000 they wanted. I was able to stop the sale by the homeowners association though, and used part of the money to get the papers filed. I could not have done that without the help of everyone who stepped up so beautifully. Every time I got a donation, regardless of the size, I cried tears of gratitude. I'm moving on to the next step now. God is not just good, He's great!! and I believe everything is going to work out. We'll have to give up our home and try to find some place fast, but we can do it. I'm truly a positive and very blessed person. I have to hold my head up and keep looking for solutions. If there is any way possible, I just want everyone to know how much I appreciate their generosity. I'm not really up on social media. I have a track phone!! LOL!!! Thanks again, Brian. I'm afraid to start another paragraph because I'm not sure if the message will post before I finish thanking you and anyone and every one who has and is still stepping up to help us. I'll keep you posted. Much love.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

A US newspaper story from a few years ago .........

ATLANTA'S SOUL SURVIVORS

........ The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ............ By Drew Jubera

... ....... ..... Sunday, April 05, 2009

In 1968 Eula Cooper was just a poor kid from Vine City, hardly 14, fooling around inside a West End dress shop with two girlfriends while doing what she always did: singing out loud.

A salesman said if she wanted to sing so badly she should visit the record company upstairs. So Cooper and her friends skipped up to the second-floor office of Tragar Records, where owner Jesse Jones sat behind a desk.

One girlfriend said, “This is Eula!” Another said, “She can sing!” Cooper, hand on her skinny hip, added, “Yeah!” So Jones told her to sing. She warbled a soul number she’d written herself called “Shake Daddy Shake.”

“And the next week,” said Cooper, now 55 and living outside Houston, “we were in the studio.”

That’s the kind of unfussy, off-the-street scene that summed up Tragar Records, a part of what passed for the soul music recording industry in Atlanta during the 1960s and ’70s.

Neither Cooper, Jones nor anybody else ever did anything but go broke making records for Tragar. Yet, thanks largely to an obsessive collector of Georgia soul music named Brian Poust, “Shake Daddy Shake” and 49 other tracks from Tragar (later called Note) have been unearthed for a compilation CD called “Eccentric Soul: The Tragar & Note Labels.”

Since its release by the Chicago company Numero Group, Jones finally feels appreciated, Cooper feels revived (after not performing for almost two decades, she sang recently at a soul festival in the United Kingdom), and a piece of lost Atlanta has been preserved..........

Edited by Roburt
Social source share

A US newspaper story from a few years ago .........

ATLANTA'S SOUL SURVIVORS

........ The Atlanta Journal-Constitution ............ By Drew Jubera

... ....... ..... Sunday, April 05, 2009

Here's a link to the full article for those of you who didn't see it the first time 'round. Thankfully, I've lost a good 40lbs since that photo was taken.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!