Northern/crossover/funk/r&b Setlist

Kidinquisitive

000_2856.jpg

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember b/w Long Walk On A Short Pier

Duke 473, VG++, $200

Can't speak highly enough of this one. One or two background pops due to a small dimple in the wax on "Long Walk" but plays Excellent overall. Also, note that the "Long Walk" label is off-center but the record itself is centered and plays fine.. Soundclip at www.soulclub.org.

000_2579.jpg

Choice Of Colour - Your Love b/w You're Twenty One Today

Apt 26011, VG++, storage lift NAP, $350

Another great double-sider! I was lucky enough to find a small quantity of old store stock on this title and they have been flying out the door at this price so don't sleep.

The Colt Brothers - Hold Me, Hold Me b/w I'm Your Puppet

Bullet 4511, NM, stamp on label, $40

Blue-eyed northern soul seen on Manship's site at a hefty 100 pounds. Yours for a fraction of that price.

000_2860.jpg

Jesse Henderson - The Gator b/w What Happened (To All That Love)

Gold Dust 001, VG+/VG, wol, $12

Cool southern funky business, plays fine on both sides

Louise Freeman - Why Could You Run Away b/w I Can Do It

Shout 306, VG++, $15

Nice mellow crossover soul, flipside is for the dancefloors and was featured on the Ghetto Disco compilaton a couple years ago.

T.V. Mama Jean (w/ Laywood Blocker) - Women's Liberation b/w Soulful Man

Kent 4545 wlp, VG+, wol, $30

Tough sister funk with a bit of psych guitar. Flip is more of a blues affair.

000_2868.jpg

Alonzo Jackson & Carol Shinnette - You're All In My Mind b/w Groove, Yeah Groove

Jador 150, NM, $25

Nice modern soul tune with male and female vocals and a slightly off-kilter sound (in a good way). The flip is a dancer, though not as interesting.

Pearl Woods - Sippin' Sorrow b/w Right Now

Charge 2001, VG+, $30

Raw female R&B dancer.

000_2867.jpg

Papa Joe & The Music Company - My Love For You Girl b/w How Can We Be So Cruel

Papa Joe's 1133, NM, wol, $20

Nice tunes from the same group that did the funk classic Bottom Of The Bag. These tunes are more in a funky rock style...

000_2850.jpg

Carter Brothers - So Glad She's Mine b/w Booby Trap Baby

Jewel 766, NM, $15

Storming tune that I like a lot. They packed so much energy into this one. You can hear a soundclip at www.soulclub.org.

Gloria Walker - You Hit The Spot Baby b/w Walking With My New Love

Flaming Arrow 37, VG+/NM, $15

There is a short scratch at the beginning of "You Hit The Spot" that causes some background ticks but you have to listen rather closely to hear them. Still I knocked the price down quite a bit because of it.You can hear a soundclip at www.funk45.com.

The Chants - Surfside b/w Chicken n' Gravy

Checker 1209 DJ Copy, VG, $10

Has some marks but plays very nicely. Good uptempo R&B instros aimed at the dancefloor..Surfside will be of interest to those looking for proto-funk sounds.

Jimmy Castor - Mini Sonata b/w Jamaica Farewell

Smash 2120 WLP, VG++, $6

Frankie Newsome - My Lucky Day b/w Pt. 2

GWP 515, VG+, sol, $6

Edwin Birdsong - Dance Of Survival b/w Your Smile Gave Birth To My Idea

Bam-Boo 555, NM, sol, $8

Nite-liters - Tanga Boo Gonk b/w K-Jee

RCA 74-0461, NM, $6

Indispensable cheap funk.

Frederick Knight - Let's Make A Deal b/w I Betcha Didn't Know That

Truth 01619, VG++, sticker on label, $10

Cool mid-70's crossover soul.

000_2842.jpg

Nat Kendrick & The Swans - Dish Rag b/w Pt. 2

Dade 1808, VG++, small tear on label, $15

From what I understand this was James Brown and his group recording for Henry Stone under drummer Kendrick's name to try to fool Syd Nathan who was giving JB a hard time about recording with his band of choice. Great R&B instros.

Grading: I grade conservatively and base my evaluation on the look AND sound of the record. I grade on a scale of NM, VG++, VG+, VG, VG- (I will rarely list a record less than VG unless its scarcity warrants it).

Shipping: First class shipping within the U.S. is $3, including delivery confirmation. Insurance is $1.30 (for up to $50 worth of coverage - add an extra dollar per $50 of coverage). International shipping is $6 for airmail to Europe, Asia and Australia. Other locations, please contact for a quote. As for multiple item purchases, shipping is free for the second and third 45 and $1 more per 45 (bulk purchases will ship at cost). I generally go to the post office 2-3 times a week to ship out packages, so you should get your item quickly! All records are packed using standard record mailers and cardboard fillers.

Payment: I accept Paypal, money orders, and cash sent registered. I am no longer asking buyers to pay extra for paypal fees.

Holds: Records are on a strict first come, first serve basis. I will hold records for up to two days so that you can finalize payment arrangements.

Contact: PM me or email me at kidinquisitive at gmail dot com

Reputation: Please check my ebay feedback under the user ID "kidinquisitive". 670 positive feedbacks (and counting) and zero negatives.

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 2
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Awake 502

000_2856.jpg

Rhonda Davis - Can You Remember b/w Long Walk On A Short Pier

Duke 473, VG++, $200

I remember initially buying this for the "Long walk" side, what an awesome deep record....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!