Greater Experience

Guest in town Mikey

Guest in town Mikey

I have been asked to post this on here regarding the rumours concerning the copies of GE turning up on fee bay. It is the reply to an email from a mate who purchased one of the copies from him:

Yes, since finding these records, I too have been contacted by numerous soul collectors with questions regarding the authenticity of the records and the exact quantity in my possession. I found these records, 10 unplayed copies, last October at a Goodwill thrift store here in my hometown of ********* , VA. At the time of my purchase I had never heard of the Greater Experience, nor had I any idea of the records value. My lucky day I guess, as I only paid 35 cents per copy! I have slowly sold off the majority of the records, through eBay and to a private collector/dealer here in the states. This collector has since listed one copy on eBay (item #4034261165), which ended earlier this month. As for the copy currently listed by the seller with no feedback, I have no idea who this person might be, and I am somewhat disturbed that he has copied my original auction listing word for word... it certainly looks suspicious. I really don't know exactly how to clear up any rumors which may be circulating, other than to recount the story of my discovering of these records at the thrift store, and I sincerely hope you have no doubts about the authenticity of your copy. I have one copy left to sell, and once it's gone I feel these rumors will fade and the record will maintain its collectable status.

Jess

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

I just ferkin love this record so many great memories of Yate etc ;o))

John

Hey trouty you must remember it being played at station rd for the first time i think Arther and sam had been to new orleans and they'd just come back greater x, ramona collins, and danny wosisname on manhatten, played em all same nite for the first time ever chuffin brill

DJ

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Hey trouty you must remember it being played at station rd for the first time i think Arther and sam had been to new orleans and they'd just come back greater x, ramona collins, and danny wosisname on manhatten, played em all same nite for the first time ever chuffin brill

DJ

Yeah Dave remember it from Wigan but it always reminds me of Yate for some reason it had that Yate sound if yer know worra mean ;o))

JoT

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!