Norton Records Warehouse Devastated In Hurricane

boba

It one of the many sad stories of people losing their homes and livelihoods

I agree, there are much more terrible things still happening in the east coast. just posting this because it was record / R&B related so relevant to the soul forum. it's a crazy situation over there.

Social source share

the worst of those catastrophes of course are the impacts they have on individual lifes. still I cant help myself but also think about all the vinyl that might have gone lost or totally damaged because of the storm. Just the same thoughts really I already had when Katrina hit New Orleans.

By the way, thats a cool t-shirt he is wearing..Mark-X records NYC....released the very first Berry Gordy written recording ever.

Social source share

post-505-0-01707400-1352213153_thumb.jpg

the worst of those catastrophes of course are the impacts they have on individual lifes. still I cant help myself but also think about all the vinyl that might have gone lost or totally damaged because of the storm. Just the same thoughts really I already had when Katrina hit New Orleans.

By the way, thats a cool t-shirt he is wearing..Mark-X records NYC....released the very first Berry Gordy written recording ever.

Yep i agree with you Marc.

you mean this record

Social source share

Yep i agree with you Marc.

you mean this record

exactly, fabulous double-sider. Just had it on my decks last saturday :)

Its def o not Ty Hunter but I seem to remember from the top of my head that some members of the five stars became the voicemasters (on anna) ?

Edited by Marc Forrest
Social source share

exactly, fabulous double-sider. Just had it on my decks last saturday :)

Its def o not Ty Hunter but I seem to remember from the top of my head that some members of the five stars became the voicemasters (on anna) ?

yes, CP Spencer, Walter Gaines, and Hank Dixon were in both groups (the Five Stars and the Voicemasters on Anna).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!