Japan Only Motown + Detroit Bits

Anoraks Corner

Here's a really nice piece for a Motown collector, the rare EP of live recordings from Martha & The Vandellas and Stevie Wonder. These were recorded during February 1968 live in Tokyo and are only available on this 7" EP and the LP equivilent...no other original release anywhere else. This EP rarely turns up over here and you won't see it for sale too often at all...I've only been offered it twice and this is my spare copy. The gatefold sleeve features song lyrics and is in excellent condition...no writing, tears or sticker marks, and the vinyl and labels are not far off mint. £75 including P&P.

Whilst I'm here and on the Detroit tip, I've also got a spare of the Reflections classic, 'Just Like Romeo & Juliet' on Japanese Stateside, as pictured. Again, this is not an easy one to find and probably sold next to nothing at the time of release over here. This one is also on RED VINYL (see post #9)...looks great! Sleeve, disc and label are in excellent shape. £40 inclding P&P.

Or £100 the pair including P&P.

PayPal as gift or UK bank transfer are both OK.

Edit: see post #8 for another rare Japanese release of a Detroit classic from Spyder Turner!

post-9555-0-16071500-1352299140_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-94075100-1352299140_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-03635300-1352299142_thumb.jp

Edited by Anoraks Corner
Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 

Very tasty. I found The Supremes LP (think it was called A go go) many moons ago at a local junk shop. Lovely red and silver Japan copy.Thing of beauty I must say.

Yes, that Supremes album came out over here with a slight colour variation to its US counterpart...the first press with the thin laminated wrap-over sleeve is rare in good condition...and even rarer with its paper obi strip which pushes the value up considerably...here is a picture of my copy:

post-9555-0-31047300-1352300434_thumb.jp

• Helpful 1
Social source share

the first press with the thin laminated wrap-over sleeve ...

For reference, here are the two sleeve styles in more detail viewing from the back...the left one is the second press (not later reissue) thicker cardboard with stuck on paper, whilst the right-hand side one is the first press with the wrap-over laminated thin sleeve looking similar to UK LPs of the same period.

:hatsoff2:

post-9555-0-32028500-1352301392_thumb.jp

post-9555-0-32028500-1352301392_thumb.jp

Social source share

Detroit continues...another toughie to locate in any condition and this ones clean :yes:

Spyder Turner - I Can't Make It Anymore - Japanese MGM

£45 inc P&P

post-9555-0-31828100-1352302138_thumb.jp

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!