for no reason

mischief

• Replies 17
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Was that just a coincidence Mischief... only ask as it seems to be everyone's favourite record out of the minions that were played at the 100 club anniversary on Saturday :) )

Social source share

My fave Marvin & Tammi at the moment is 'This Poor Heart Of Mine' closely followed by their version of 'Baby I Need Your Loving'.. great uplifting stuff!

Social source share

seems to be getting spins heard it at Luton, Plinston. I played it at Isle of Wight Off album).. Ummm buy it now time.

Worked well at the Marrs Barr in Worcester a few months back too. A good "last spot of the night record" at weekenders - there's a lot of emotion in it which seems to suit happy pissed up people :-)

Social source share

i spun marvin and tammi at the Marrs Barr and its whipped up a sensation as such a simple classic ,,much listened to but rarely spun

pete put it on the 1st anniversary cd cuz he forgot how good it was

i bought it after i seen the video of marvin / tammi on tv and it moved me greatly,,,,

such a soulful record and should be played more

the next Marrs is OCT 2nd,,,

c u there

fluff freeman

Social source share

hey thats now played out in Dublin guess we're so far ahead of u's lot smile.gif

"if i could build my whole world around you" another uplifting one from THAT couple + 2 can have a party, one of my 1st ever purchases.

Danny D

Marvin and Tammi could never be played out Danny, in Dublin or anywhere else. It's a truly sublime, uplifting, soulful record and Motown at its finest. Always on my playlist whether at home or out. Is there a finer Motown record? I think it even (if only just) pips Come Get To This.

California Soul comes in a close third but Ain't No Mountain High Enough.....spine tingling. Guaranteed if you spin it on Saturday, you'll have a full floor and nobody will be complaining.

Just one of those records that goes down well anytime, anywhere.

Social source share

Marvin and Tammi could never be played out Danny, in Dublin or anywhere else. It's a truly sublime, uplifting, soulful record and Motown at its finest. Always on my playlist whether at home or out. Is there a finer Motown record? I think it even (if only just) pips Come Get To This.

California Soul comes in a close third but Ain't No Mountain High Enough.....spine tingling. Guaranteed if you spin it on Saturday, you'll have a full floor and nobody will be complaining.

take a chill pill Paul :) means its light-hearted

..tho havin the same/any record always on on ur playlist .. what even in ur modern ones too?

Didnt think Tammy sang on California Soul, was credited by Mr Gaye to help with her hospital bills but Valerie Simpson sang most of the tracks from Easy. Not a big fan of California Soul it sounds a little dreary to me.

Mr Uptight everythings all right

Social source share

take a chill pill Paul smile.gif means its light-hearted

..tho havin the same/any record always on on ur playlist .. what even in ur modern ones too?

Didnt think Tammy sang on California Soul, was credited by Mr Gaye to help with her hospital bills but Valerie Simpson sang most of the tracks from Easy. Not a big fan of California Soul it sounds a little dreary to me.

Mr Uptight everythings all right

As chilled as a very chilly thing at a chilly thing convention :)

You got me there, it doesn't feature on my modern playlists but if I could sneak it in I probably would (joking).

Yeah I know Tammi's credited on California Soul and the word is that Val sang on it but it's still a really nice record and I'd say dreamy rather than dreary.

Looks like - yet again - we'll agree to disagree. This is becoming a habit!

Uptight, outa sight...

Social source share

I'm a big fan of "ain't no mountain high enough" too mischief ....... we give it a spin down here in Portsmouth quite often ..... @ +4 on the decks though .... always gets them dancing and singing. I trust the IOW was good for you.

Social source share

I trust the IOW was good for you.

Yeh we had a good un, I hear Hipshaker was good.

We did have a problem with the sound monitor, it was in the corner of the room so if people dared to laugh it would set the lights off flashing.. Managed to unplug it in the end but the Landlord caught us... umm didn't stop me doing it again the next night..

As a whole we had a blinding weekend, managed to dj for about 5 hours over the weekend only repeating one of my records as it was a request, and not playing anything anyone else done.. Not bad seeing as I only had a small box and a 12" bag, cause I carried my records there on me scooter.. ;-)..

Social source share

we had friends who spent some time at your do .... enjoyed it.

it was pretty good for us. quite hectic, sold out all 3 nights. Guest DJ's all came up with the goods. the whole rally seemed busier to me .... all events seemed to have sold well and the rideout looked massive.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!