Soul in Wales

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Enclosed 10 things to do when your in Llandeilo :

Walk through Castle Woods Nature Reserve to ancient Dinefwr Castle, perched on a crag with tremendous views along the valley of the river Towy.

Shop for clothes, gifts and quality goods in our fine small, individual shops and galleries - no mass-market shopping malls here!

Visit Dinefwr Park and Newton House, a National Trust property, with white cattle, lake and deer park.

Stop for morning coffee or afternoon tea in the Cawdor Hotel or one of the pleasant cafes.

Hunt for bargains among the antiques and collectables in the Antiques Market or the monthly auctions.

Eat local specialities like Welsh lamb or salmon in one of the many pubs and restaurants.

Go up to Penlan Park bandstand for fine views over the rooftops.

Walk down to the Kings Bridge, a swinging foot bridge over the river, and wander among the river meadows with a chance to see herons, ducks, martins and even kingfishers or otters if you are lucky.

Enjoy the range of good live music in local pubs and venues, especially at festival time.

Just wander around, soaking up the relaxed atmosphere and enjoying the beautiful Georgian buildings.

You will have to come further North ( North Wales ), lot's happening around here.

Dickytwang

Enclosed 10 things to do when your in Llandeilo :

Walk through Castle Woods Nature Reserve to ancient Dinefwr Castle, perched on a crag with tremendous views along the valley of the river Towy.

Shop for clothes, gifts and quality goods in our fine small, individual shops and galleries - no mass-market shopping malls here!

Visit Dinefwr Park and Newton House, a National Trust property, with white cattle, lake and deer park.

Stop for morning coffee or afternoon tea in the Cawdor Hotel or one of the pleasant cafes.

Hunt for bargains among the antiques and collectables in the Antiques Market or the monthly auctions.

Eat local specialities like Welsh lamb or salmon in one of the many pubs and restaurants.

Go up to Penlan Park bandstand for fine views over the rooftops.

Walk down to the Kings Bridge, a swinging foot bridge over the river, and wander among the river meadows with a chance to see herons, ducks, martins and even kingfishers or otters if you are lucky.

Enjoy the range of good live music in local pubs and venues, especially at festival time.

Just wander around, soaking up the relaxed atmosphere and enjoying the beautiful Georgian buildings.

You will have to come further North ( North Wales ), lot's happening around here.

Dickytwang

In other words f*** all to do ;-)

Guest in town Mikey

Jess

I am doing it too.

Never worked abroad before, although I realise that is the norm, what with you being a sceptic 'n all.

I will be in Newport in South Wales. Close enough to the safety net of the Severn Bridge ;-)

Guest Johnny One Trout

https://www.soulcommandos.co.uk/

tHey are in abergavennnnyyyyy or some thing like that south Wales.. I have heard good things about it, and the Soul Valley Commandos the ones i have met are a good bunch..

Check out the flyers Page Sept 24th is the next one..

there flyers a soap box, think i will print it off and make it this afternoon..

No no make the van it's great much better than the soap box LOL really like their fliers some of the most original around at the moment IMVFHO

Jess you aren't a million miles away from the WSM doo's, Worcester, Gloucester or Cheltenham so not too bad a catchment area although i expect you will have to stay sober and drive LOL the only regular nighter is probably the Marrs Bar but plenty of good monthly soul dooos and you can knit Johnners a nice Alpacca cardigan whilst you are waiting for the next one ;o))

John

Good God do South Wales really know what they have let themselves in for!!!!!!!!!

Jess you aren't a million miles away from the WSM doo's, Worcester, Gloucester or Cheltenham so not too bad a catchment area although i expect you will have to stay sober and drive

Is that possible? Me not drinking???

-- Jessica