Virginia Blakley

Guest Dan

does this ever get played anywhere by anyone does anyone know?

also, what's a value? never seems to come up for sale, though a site search reveals manship sold one for 700-odd quid a couple of years ago.

given the prices some probably less-rare items fetch, what would it go for now if it came up? :thumbsup:

cia

dan

Social source share

• Replies 20
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

also, what's a value? never seems to come up for sale, though a site search reveals manship sold one for 700-odd quid a couple of years ago.

given the prices some probably less-rare items fetch, what would it go for now if it came up? :thumbsup:

cia

dan

Hard one Dan, I would guess a four figure some nowadays.

Anyone remember the Bobby Vee version that got a few plays ph34r.gif

Social source share

cia

dan

Got some action at Pat Brady's 'Griffin' doo's back in the 90s - Steve Chadwick methinks (but I apologise if I'm wrong, because them doo's were always pretty soaked - especially the England vs Scotland thing) ph34r.gif

Social source share

Anyone remember the Bobby Vee version that got a few plays :thumbsup:

Always been rare easy £1000+ nowadays

Bobby Vee was an album track if i remember correctly chalks

Social source share

Guest Trevski

thanks all

what sort of dancefloor response does it get if played at the wilton, trev?

Long time since I heard him play it out, don't think it got a great response, If memory serves, which is why he hasn't played it again! :thumbsup:

Social source share

given the prices some probably less-rare items fetch, what would it go for now if it came up? ph34r.gif

cia

dan

Hello Dan,

I was the one who bought it @ auction from JM. It has always been one of my favourites, and IHMO is still to reach its full potential. Price wise i would say £850+.

Regards Ritchie. :thumbsup:

Social source share

cia

dan

Hi Dan

sold mine to Brownie 7 years ago for £350 so 800 seems about right i used to play it but got very little response even though its up tempo it seems to plod along something missing IMO

Ted

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky

given the prices some probably less-rare items fetch, what would it go for now if it came up? :P

cia

dan

Hello Dan,

I was the one who bought it @ auction from JM. It has always been one of my favourites, and IHMO is still to reach its full potential. Price wise i would say £850+.

Regards Ritchie. :thumbsup:

Played out in North Wales quite often either by myself or Richie. :thumbsup:
Social source share

Guest Soul Sid

Anyone remember the Bobby Vee version that got a few plays :thumbsup:

[/

quote] name=soulsid date 26.1.06 01.30.cant recall this getting pllayed in years.massive tune back in the day, and extremely rare.dont remember bobby vee version though. i only know the one about a rubber ball.

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

Greg used to play it at the Capitol, pretty sure. He sold a copy during the summer if I remember correctly, or at least was asking for offers on one. Not sure where he got to on prices, thought someone off SS bought it?

Social source share

Greg used to play it at the Capitol, pretty sure. He sold a copy during the summer if I remember correctly, or at least was asking for offers on one. Not sure where he got to on prices, thought someone off SS bought it?

They did Stuart. They were at Gregs when I was there :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Stuart T

They did Stuart. They were at Gregs when I was there :thumbsup:

How did he fit you into the rabbit hutch or was he in Market Harborough by then? :thumbsup:

Social source share

How did he fit you into the rabbit hutch or was he in Market Harborough by then? :lol:

It was somewhere in Leicestershire Stuart.

Good job I didn't go to the rabbit hutch as I'm a fat b*st*rd :D

Mind you, it was a tight fit anyway, what with ? and myself in the house. :lol: Wasn't it Dan :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!