Info/value Please Proud As Punch & Others

a few oddities in the back of the box any info or value anybody,please

proud as punch-if you look into these eyes (white stax demo?)

so hard to get along- the lyrics (abc demo)

tell it to your mother-herb ryalls (jubillee demo)

woman of mine- ronnie and the ramblers (rnr)

enter sunshine- georgie porgie (jubillee demo)

foolin around- marie adams (sure play)

Social source share

• 14 years later...

so sorry it's taken 14 years....Proud As Punch

In May 1970, Chip Hawkins, Larry Carter, Nickie Parker, Lewis Blackledge, H.J. Chustz, Al Carlow, and Mark Simon were members of the New Substantial Evidence Show Band (but not signed or recorded). They were one of the six finalists of the Tea Council of the U.S.A. Big Search for a New Sound, and the lineup of judges included, Al Bell of Stax Records.

They were obviously signed & recorded by Stax (with a name change) and produced by Don Nix for there outing with ‘If You Look Into My Eyes’ (James T. Tierce-[Ted Tierce]) / ’So Easy To See’(Nickie Parker, Robert Mark Simon) -Stax  STA-0081 Sept 1970. It was probably one of Don Nix’s first producer assignments becuase he signed with Stax/Volt in Oct 1970.

band pic named.jpg

Social source share

On 18/07/2020 at 22:19, Frankie Crocker said:

Herb Ryals sells for £30 or less. Really good track but not even semi-known such is its obscurity. Never heard it played out. One of those records that deserves spins and would arouse interest with a few plugs. He also released something on RCA so was seen as a potential talent back in the 60’s.

herb.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Frankie Crocker said:

My Love Is So Strong...top spin by Butch. Very rare and totally brilliant.  Reissued recently and on Steve Jeffries web-site for £20.

Ah, thank you, another white guy? EDIT: Just found a soundfile, yeah great and NOT whitey. 

Edited by Soul-slider
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!